The Third Witch
|The Third Witch|
|Publisher||Simon & Schuster|
|Publication date||October 2001|
|Media type||Print (Hardback & Paperback)|
|Pages||307 p. (hardback edition)|
|ISBN||ISBN 0-7434-1771-2 (hardback edition)|
|Dewey Decimal||813/.6 21|
|LC Classification||PS3618.E57 T48 2001|
The Third Witch is a novel written by Rebecca Reisert. It was first published in 2001.
The novel retells the story of Macbeth from the perspective of one of the witches, a young girl named Gilly. She has sworn revenge against Macbeth for murdering her father. Posing as a kitchen worker, Gilly wants to carry out her plan to kill him, and soon becomes involved in many important events from the play.
The Third Witch is a planned film based on the novel. It will be distributed by New Line Cinema and will be produced by Solaris Entertainment. The story is a retelling of William Shakespeare's Macbeth from the viewpoint of one of the three witches, here a 15-year-old girl named Gillyflower who is determined to avenge the murder of her father. In an interview with Chris Noonan, he reveals that some parts of the film may take place after the events of the novel.
- "New Line Develops Witch". Scifi.com. Archived from the original on 10 December 2007. Retrieved 1 June 2008.
- "Solaris Entertainment". Solarisentertainment.com. Retrieved 18 April 2008.
- Lyons, Charles (26 November 2001). "Solaris options 'Witch'". Variety.com. Retrieved 18 April 2008.
- "Solaris Takes WITCH". Mania.com. Retrieved 5 May 2008.
- "November Script Sales". Ez-entertainment.net. Retrieved 5 May 2008.
- Reisert, Rebecca. The Third Witch : a Novel. New York: Washington Square Press, 2001. ISBN 0-7434-1771-2
- "Other Scripts by Denise P. Meyer". Heirapparentmovie.com. Retrieved 18 April 2008.
- "Chris Noonan Miss Potter Interview". Femail.com.au. Retrieved 18 April 2008.
|This article about a historical novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|