The Thomas Alleyne School
||This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
|Motto||nisi Dominus frustra|
|Type||Comprehensive, Community school|
|Deputy Headteacher||Julia Flanagan|
|Chair of Governors||Richard Stephens|
|Founders||Reverend Thomas Alleyne|
|DfE URN||117550 Tables|
|Houses||Darwin, Franklin and Newton|
|Colours||Blue, Yellow and Green|
|Website||The Thomas Alleyne School|
It is situated in the north of Stevenage, known as Old Town, next to the roundabout of the A1072 and the A602 (former A1), and more than 200 metres to the east of the East Coast Main Line. It is next door to The Barclay School.
In 2008 it was rumored that the school had applied for a grant to move to Great Ashby (A Housing Estate with no secondary school) this in turn affected the school's no's of the current Y9's.
North Hertfordshire College/Thomas Alleyne Partnership 
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2013)|
Founded in 1558, it was originally known as Master Allen's School. By 1869 it was known as Alleyne's Grammar School, a boys' grammar school. Francis Cammaerts (1916–2006), French Resistance leader and witness in the Lady Chatterley Trial, was headmaster from 1952 to 1961. In 1969 it became a comprehensive, Alleyne's School. In 1989 it merged with Stevenage Girls' School and changed to its current name.. During the summer of 2012 (LONDON 2012) Thomas Alleyne's was chosen to choose a torchbearer to run with the torch one of the current PE teachers (Mr. Pelka) decided to pick Luca Wells because of his sportsmanship and stamina in PE.
The current head teacher at the Thomas Alleyne School is Mr Mark Lewis. Appointed in March 2012, Mark brought with him impressive understanding and ideas. Educated at Keble college Oxford, Mark is committed to achieving an outstanding school status within three years. He was the favourite choice of all the students and parents, as well as being the strongest candidate, by far, in a very competitive field. He is the youngest head teacher in Stevenage and was brought up locally.
Alleyne's Grammar School 
- Michael Biggs, Group Chief Executive from 2007-8 of Resolution plc
- Peter Boorman, organist at St David's Cathedral, Pembrokeshire from 1953–77
- Ewart Culpin, Chairman from 1938-9 of London County Council, and President from 1937-8 of the Town Planning Institute
- David Hamid, Chairman since 2006 of Nationwide Autocentre, and Chief Executive of Halfords from 2003-5
- Geoffrey Howard (cricketer and administrator), grandson of Sir Ebenezer Howard, pioneer of garden cities
- David Morgan, Chief Executive from 1987-98 of the Black Country Development Corporation
- Prof David Newland, Professor of Engineering from 1976-2003 at the University of Cambridge, and known for harmonic wavelet transforms
- Harry Bates (sculptor), 1850 to 1899, one of the finest English artists of the nineteenth century
Alleyne's School 
Stevenage Girls' School 
See also 
- Alleyne's High School
- Thomas Alleyne's High School
- Edward Alleyn - spelt without a terminating e, who founded two other schools
- "Graham Poll" (pdf). Hall of Fame 2010. Sports Stevenage. 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-09.[dead link]
- "Graham Poll - Legendary English Football Official". Testimonials. IMG. Retrieved 2010-07-09.
GCSE Results 
(FEEL FREE TO POST ANYTHING ABOUT THOMAS ALLEYNES SUMMER 2012 AND 2011 GCSE RESULTS)
News items 
Current News articles relating to The Thomas Alleyne Schoolcoming soon
GCSE results August 23, 2012.
Student from the Thomas Alleyne School carries Olympic Torch through Stevenage Old Town
MP Praises Thomas Alleyne students on a school charity day to raise money to "Send my friend to school"