The Three Musketeers (2013)
|The Three Musketeers
|Directed by||Sergei Zhigunov
|Produced by||Sergei Zhigunov|
|Written by||Alexandre Dumas, père
|Music by||Alexey Shelygin|
|Cinematography||The Sergei Zhigunov Production Center|
|Release date||November 1, 2013|
The Three Musketeers is a project by The Production Center of Sergei Zhigunov, a screen adaptation of the book by Alexander Dumas. Filming began in August 2012; with the film's release date was announced as November 1, 2013.
The adaptation will be aired in both versions: Cinema Movie and eight-part television miniseries. .
France, 19th Century. Young D'Artagnan is coming to Paris to be a Musketeer, there he meets three old musketeers, who's might to be the glorious King's Guard, but actually realize that they are not the great fighters who he think they are.
While joining to Musketeers, he forced to faced with the hidden plots of Cardinal Richelieu, his spy Milady and the possible war against England.
- Yuri Chursin – Athos
- Alexei Makarov – Porthos
- Pavel Barshak – Aramis
- Rinal Mukhametov – D'Artagnan
- Anna Starshenbaum – Constance
- Ekaterina Vilkova – Milady
- Vasily Lanovoy – Cardinal Richelieu
- Maria Mironova – Anne of Austria
- Philip Yankovski – Louis XIII
- Konstantin Lavronenko – Buckingham
- Alexey Vorobyov – De Winter
- Alexander Lykov – Captain de Treville
- Viktor Rakov – Mr. Bonacieux
- Vladimir Zaytsev – Count Rochefort
- Xenia Kutepova – Solicitor, Madame Coquenard
- Boris Smolkin – Mr. Coquenard
- Ville Haapasalo
- Vladimir Etush – English jeweler
- Yekaterina Olkina – Duchess de Chevreuse
- Agatha Mutsenyetse – Maid Ket
According to Sergey, "I tried to collect an ensemble of artists of high level (I do not have time and effort to educate people on the site), known but which are old-old in the audience. People are very tired of the actors, who are always filming in TV series, ordinary people start to cause irritation".
At one point, there were reference to the previous Soviet-musical telefilm; with Mikhail Boyarsky cast as the role of D'Artagnan, a father, but according to Zhigunov, "then we have decided that it is wrong – mix so that old movie that still viewers are watching with pleasure, and our, new. It will be a completely different".
According to Zhigunov, while casting they tried not to follow the rumors: for example, while they learning from the tabloids that "Anastasia Zavorotnyuk will be cast as Constance" he said that he "almost fainted. Wildly funny and absurd about the rumor.
Sergei Zhigunov wrote the script, and he is the director and producer. In his words: "I am very respectful attitude to Dumas, his books live hundreds of years, so do not allow yourself to take liberties with the plot. I did not touch him, but strongly worked on dialogue, painted a more detailed story lines, characters endowed with new features. The result was a dynamic history, adapted to the perception of the modern viewer. And the characters, in my opinion, are brighter and more expressive, more vivid and understandable".
Unlike previous adaptations of the project, he said that "We care about the fact that it was written by the author. Therefore, we have retained the basic plot lines and motifs, but changed the structure of the relationships between the characters. Added pace and rhythm, adapted stories by today's audience... We have developed a line of Mrs. Coquenard and Porthos relations, the relations between Aramis and Madame de Chevreuse will also be shown with the utmost precision. The drama develops the relationship between Athos and Milady. And the line of Buckingham and Anne of Austria was spelled wider and more, it also receives an unexpected continuation. In the novel, a lot of interesting plot twists and scenes that directors usually pass by".
Before that, Zhigunov produced adaptations of two other Dumas novels: Queen Margot (1997) and The Countess de Monsoreau (1997).
Filming took place in the Czech Republic (in castles Bouzov and Pernštejn in Olomouc and picturesque Kutna Hora), in Vyborg and Peterhof, including the Grand Palace in Peterhof, in Gatchina – in the big Gatchina palace. The Siege of La Rochelle was shot on the Gulf of Finland Vyborg Vedomosti report.
All of the costumes for the main characters were sewn to order from expensive fabrics, hand lace and semiprecious stones. For example, one dress worn by the queen is 78,000 rubles. Costumes for extras take rent – in the Czech Republic, Spain and France. Specially constructed carriage suspension Queen was made to order in a Moscow studio.
Comparison with the film in 1978
On the eve of the start of filming Zhigunov said that his adaptation of The Three Musketeers is sure to be compared with the film adaptation by Khilkevich Jungvald George. According to Zhigunov, "It is clear that the critics can not be avoided. But just want to say I did not set goals to compete with anyone. I'm going to film the novel by Dumas, and not to shoot a remake of. In the end, every generation should have a D'Artagnan. We had Mikhail Boyarsky, the young generation will let someone else."
- Russian New adaptation oof three muskteers (Russian report)
- Sergei Zhigunov ("Apocalypse Code") will be produced and directed "The Three Musketeers" series
- Russian source: Sergey Zhigunov: «Our women will be interesting // Natalia Dyachkova. 7 Days
- Zhigunov's interview to The Urgant Show, April 9, 2013
- Zhigunov: One for all!
- Rinal Mukhametov: "My D'artangnan is young, as I am"
- Zhigunov is relive the legend of Musketeers // MV
- D'artanyanloves Constance // 7 Days
- Sergey Zhigunov: In the New "Three Musketeers" will be new actors // Komsomolskaya Pravda
- Zhigunov denied rumors of pregnancy Nasty Zavorotnyuk
- http://spb.ria.ru/video/20120918/499661244.html filmings of "Three Musketeers" were completed near Petersburg // RIA Novosti
- Zhigunov: I was filmed my Musketeers in half-Europe!»
- Olomouc se stala Paříží. // ceskatelevize.cz
- Soundtruck from first spot
- The Three Musketeers at the Internet Movie Database
- The Three Musketeers in Sergey Zhigunov's Official Website
- Photos from filmings
- Photos report by RIA Novosti
- Czech report from filmings