The Throne of Saturn (short story collection)
|The Throne of Saturn|
Jacket illustration by Ronald Clyne for The Throne of Saturn by S. Fowler Wright
|Author||S. Fowler Wright|
|Cover artist||Ronald Clyne|
|Genre||Science fiction short stories|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
|Pages||viii, 186 pp|
The Throne of Saturn is a collection of science fiction short stories by author S. Fowler Wright. It was released in 1949 and was the author's first American book and his only collection published by Arkham House. It was released in an edition of 3,062 copies.
The Throne of Saturn contains these twelve stories, as well as a foreword:
- "This Night"
- "P.N. 40"
- "The Rat"
- "The Temperature of Gehenna Sue"
- "Original Sin"
Boucher and McComas described the 1949 edition as "twelve superb short stories of a future in which the new gods have led man into strange scientific and sociological bypaths -- a book it would be difficult to overpraise." P. Schuyler Miller praised the collection as "imaginative fiction entirely different from anything else you are likely to find in print."
- London: Heinemann, 1951.
- Jaffery, Sheldon (1989). The Arkham House Companion. Mercer Island, WA: Starmont House, Inc. pp. 37–38. ISBN 1-55742-005-X.
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings (1998). The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd. p. 34.
- Joshi, S.T. (1999). Sixty Years of Arkham House: A History and Bibliography. Sauk City, WI: Arkham House. p. 55. ISBN 0-87054-176-5.
- Nielsen, Leon (2004). Arkham House Books: A Collector's Guide. Jefferson, NC and London: McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 72. ISBN 0-7864-1785-4.