|Created by||Jed Spingarn|
|Opening theme||"Livin' a Double Life", performed by Kira Kosarin and Jack Griffo|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||45 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Jed Spingarn
|Running time||22–25 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Uptown Productions
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||October 14, 2013– present|
|Related shows||The Haunted Hathaways
Every Witch Way
The Thundermans is an American superhero live-action comedy television series that began airing on Nickelodeon, on October 14, 2013. The series is created by Jed Spingarn. Nickelodeon announced that it ordered 20 episodes for the show. The preview premiered on October 14, 2013. The show officially premiered on November 2, 2013 stars Kira Kosarin, Jack Griffo, Addison Riecke, Diego Velazquez, Chris Tallman and Rosa Blasi. The preview received 2.4 million viewers. The series premiere received 2.6 million viewers. On December 20, 2013, the series was renewed for a second season. On March 4, 2015, the series was renewed for a third season. 
The show revolves around a suburban family with superpowers and specifically 15-year-old twins, one a superhero and one a superhero wanting to be a supervillain. They moved to Hiddenville to live normal lives.
Cast and characters
- Kira Kosarin as Phoebe Thunderman, a 15-year-old super heroine twin to Max (20 seconds older than him), and older sister to Billy and Nora. She's very responsible, a straight-A student, and tries to play by the "no powers" rule. She has a quite obvious crush on Cole Campbell. She has telekinesis, freeze breath, and heat breath. It is revealed that in the episode "Thundersense" Phoebe develops a new ability called Thundersense that warns her if herself and others are in danger. Her super hero alias is Thunder Girl.
- Jack Griffo as Maximus "Max" Octavius Thunderman, a 15-year-old supervillain twin to Phoebe (20 seconds younger than her), and older brother to Billy and Nora. He wants to attend Villain University when he's older. His basement bedroom serves as his "evil lair", and it is also where he keeps Dr. Colosso (a supervillain Thunder Man turned into a rabbit). He has the same powers as Phoebe.
- Addison Riecke as Nora Thunderman, the youngest of the Thunderman children, and a mischievous 9-year-old little sister to Phoebe, Max, and Billy. Her superpower is heat-vision. She can easily recruit Billy into any scheme of hers as she scares him a bit.
- Diego Velazquez as William "Billy" Thunderman, the 3rd born Thunderman child. He is an energetic (and dimwitted) 11-year-old little brother to Phoebe, and Max, and older brother to Nora. His superpower is super-speed.
- Chris Tallman as Hank Thunderman, the husband to Barb and father to Phoebe, Max, Billy, Nora and Chloe. whose superhero alias is Thunderman. His superpowers are flying and super-strength. He has now half-unwillingly retired as a superhero in order to give his kids a stable and normal home. He still uses his powers to fly to places around the world.
- Rosa Blasi as Barbara "Barb" Thunderman, wife to Hank and mother to Phoebe, Max, Billy, Nora And Chloe. Her superpower is controlling electricity and lightning. Unlike her husband, she is completely okay with leaving her superheroine life behind her. She does, however, agree with Hank that Max is going through a super villain "phase" that needs to end. Her superhero name was "Electress".
- Dana Snyder as Dr. Colosso, one of the world's greatest villains and Hank's former arch nemesis, until Hank transformed him into a rabbit while still Thunderman. He is kept in Max's bedroom. It is shown that he loves Max very much. His puppet is performed by Stephen, Edward, & Charles Chiodo.
- Audrey Whitby as Cherry, Phoebe's best friend who is bubbly, tech savvy, and horribly dimwitted. She's unaware of that the Thundermans have superpowers even though she witnessed them herself (the family convinced her they were practicing a play). Although, in "A Hero Is Born" she finds out all about their superpowers.
- Teala Dunn as Kelsey, a girl who is friends with Phoebe and Cherry.
- Harvey Guillen as Cousin Blobbin, the sidekick of Barb's deceased millionaire Uncle Wilfred (formerly a superhero called the "All American Blob"). In his will, Wilfred left his enormous fortune, and mansion, for Blobbin. Blobbin is very sensitive, but at the same time extremely devoted to family and usually helps the Thundermans in whatever way he can.
- Helen Hong as Mrs. Wong, an owner of a pizza restaurant who is never nice towards anyone, especially the Thundermans. In her début episode, Phoebe and Max take up jobs in her restaurant but end getting fired after they inadvertently destroy her kitchen, thus igniting her contempt for the twins and their family.
- Haley Tju as Darcy Wong, Mrs. Wong's niece who suspects that the Thunderman family have a secret. Her best friend lived in the house that the Thundermans now occupy, which may be the reason why she hates them so. Although, she once explained that she just loves causing pain, so it's probably just her wicked personality.
- Tanner Stine as Oyster, a guitarist boy who is in Max's new band as of "Pheebs Will Rock You". Phoebe initially had a crush on him until learned that he is somewhat crazy.
- Kenny Ridwan as Gideon, a boy in Max's new band who seems to have a crush on Barb.
- Keely Marshall as Sarah, one of Phoebe's math classmates who also has an obsessive crush on Max.
- Jeff Meacham as Principal Bradford, Hiddenville High's selfish principal who does not give a care about the students.
- Barrett Carnahan as Link Evilman, Phoebe's current boyfriend who is the son of Hank's former supervillain nemesis, Evilman.
On August 3, 2012, Nickelodeon announced The Thundermans as one of its upcoming live-action shows.
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired (U.S. dates)|
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||20||October 14, 2013||June 14, 2014|
|2||25||September 13, 2014||March 28, 2015|
Awards and Nominations
|2014||Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards||Favorite TV Actor||Jack Griffo||Nominated|
|2015||Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards||Favorite TV Actor||Jack Griffo||Nominated|
|2015||Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards||Favorite TV Actress||Kira Kosarin||Nominated|
The series originally aired on October 14, 2013 as a preview and premiered on November 2, 2013 on Nickelodeon. It premiered on March 30, after the Kids' Choice Awards on Nickelodeon Northern Europa. It premiered on April 2, 2014 on Nickelodeon (Africa) and Nickelodeon (Philippines) and on April 7, 2014 on Nickelodeon (UK and Ireland). Nickelodeon (Southeast Asia) premiered it on April 1, 2014 and Nickelodeon (Australia and New Zealand) on May 5, 2014 and Nickelodeon (Brazil) on April 7, 2014.
- Bibel first=Sara (October 14, 2013). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Monday Night Football' Wins Night, 'WWE Raw', 'Basketball Wives', 'Fast N Loud', 'Teen Mom 3' & More". TVbytheNumbers.
- "Bella and the Bulldogs and The Thundermans Renewed by Nickelodeon". Deadline. Retrieved April 10, 2015.
- Andreeva, Nellie (14 February 2013). "Nickelodeon Announces New Series & Pilots". Deadline.com. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- "ChrisFabregas: Coming to you LIVE from a taping of the #Thundermans at Paramount Studios!". Twicsy.com. 2013-07-13. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- "Nickelodeon auditions and casting for new series 'The Thundermans'". TV Show Auditions. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (14 February 2013). "Nickelodeon Pilot ‘The Thundermans’ Picked Up To Series, A Young Lead Recast". Deadline.com. Retrieved 31 March 2013.