The Tiger's Trail
|The Tiger's Trail|
|Directed by||Robert Ellis
Louis J. Gasnier
|Written by||Charles Logue
Arthur B. Reeve
Frank Leon Smith
|Distributed by||Pathé Exchange
|Running time||15 episodes|
A cult of Hindu Tiger Worshippers and a gang of Western outlaws attempt to cheat Belle Boyd out of the valuable mine that she has inherited from her father.
- Ruth Roland as Belle Boyd
- George Larkin as Jack Randall
- Mark Strong as Randolph Gordon / "Grim" Gordon
- Harry Moody as Tiger Face
- Fred Kohler as "Bull" Shotwell
- George Field as Salonga
- Easter Walters as Hilda, the Spy
- Bud Osborne as a henchman
- Chet Ryan as a juvenile
- Rose Dione as a Dance Hall Queen
This serial, about a Hindu tiger cult and western outlaws, was based on The Long Arm by C. A. Logue. (Silent Era states that the serial was adapted by Gilson Willets from The Long Arm by Arthur B. Reeve).
Real tigers were used in filming. The serial includes the "famous scene" of a human chain formed from the roof of a trains, which enables the criminals to steal a valuable parcel from Ruth's compartment.
- The Tiger Worshippers
- The Glowing Eyes
- The Human Chain
- Danger Signals
- The Tiger Trap
- The Secret Assassin
- The Flaming Waters
- Danger Ahead
- The Raging Torrent
- Bringing In The Law
- In The Breakers
- The Two Amazons
- The False Idol
- The Mountain Hermit
- The Tiger Face
- "The Tiger's Trail". silentera.com. Retrieved March 11, 2013.
- Stedman, Raymond William (1971). "2. The Perils of Success". Serials: Suspense and Drama By Installment. University of Oklahoma Press. p. 44. ISBN 978-0-8061-0927-5.
- "The Tiger's Trail". The Progressive Silent Film List. Silent Era. Retrieved 1 January 2009.
|This article about a silent film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an adventure film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|