The Times They Are A-Changin' (musical)
|The Times They Are A-Changin'|
|Productions||2006 San Diego
Mixing the theatre, dance and the musical stylings of Bob Dylan, Twyla Tharp tells a coming-of-age story that takes place inside a low-rent traveling circus found within a dark and humorous dream world.
It then premiered on Broadway at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre on October 26, 2006 and closed on November 19, 2006 after 28 performances and 35 previews. Tharp both directed and choreographed, with set and costumes by Santo Loquasto and lighting by Donald Holder. The cast featured John Selya, Michael Arden, Neil Haskell, Thom Sesma, and Lisa Brescia.
It received mostly negative reviews. The New York Times review stated "But if the choreography at times defies gravity, the show itself may be the most earthbound work Ms. Tharp has produced. Even as the dancers seem to fly, Mr. Dylan’s lyrics are hammered, one by one, into the ground."
- The Times They Are a-Changin' - The music of Bob Dylan
- Listing at The Old Globe theoldglobe.org, retrieved February 25, 2010
- Allen, Morgan.PHOTO CALL: Dylan and Tharp Proclaim The Times They Are A-Changin’ with San Diego Premiere playbill.com, February 2, 2006
- Brantley, Ben.Theater Review The Times They Are A'ChanginThe New York Times, October 27, 2006
-  bbc.co.uk
- Murray, Matthew.Review talkinbroadway.com, October 26, 2006
- Kenrick, John.Review musicals101.com, retrieved February 25, 2010