The Times of Israel
Offices of The Times in Jerusalem
|Owner(s)||Seth Klarman, David Horovitz|
|Editor||David Horovitz (English)
Suha Halifa (Arabic)
Stephanie Bitan (French)
|Language||English, Arabic, French|
The Times of Israel is an English, Arabic, and French online newspaper that covers "developments in Israel, the Middle East and around the Jewish world," according to the site's nameplate. Its headquarters are in Jerusalem's German Colony neighborhood.
The Times of Israel was launched in February 2012. Its founder and editor is David Horovitz, formerly of The Jerusalem Post and The Jerusalem Report. It receives financial support from Boston, Massachusetts-based Seth Klarman, founder of Baupost Group and chairman of The David Project, who has said he is opposed to Israel's settlement movement.
We are independent; we're not attached or affiliated with any political party. [The Times of Israel is] an independent, fair-minded journalistic venture, and I think it's incredibly important to give people a sense of the options that Israel faces and create an informed and constructive debate.
— David Horovitz, The Forward
- Horovitz, David (25 February 2014). "Bonjour and welcome to The Times of Israel in French". The Times of Israel. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- Grunzweig, Emilie (16 February 2012). "New English-language Israeli website launched". Haaretz. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "Contact us". The Times of Israel. Retrieved 25 March 2012. "8 Hatsfira Street, Jerusalem 93102, Israel"
- Nathan-Kazis, Josh (29 February 2012). "The Softspoken Man Behind Times of Israel". The Forward. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- Julie Wiener (February 4, 2014). "Translating Israel, from English to Arabic". Jewish Telegraphic Agency.
- David Horovitz (February 4, 2014). "From today, The Times of Israel is also in Arabic". Times of Israel.
|This Israel-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Asian newspaper-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|