The Tolkien Reader
Cover of the first edition
|Author||J. R. R. Tolkien|
|Genre||Fantasy short stories, play, essay, poetry|
|Media type||Print (Paperback)|
|Pages||xvi, 24, 112, 79, 64 pp (contents separately paginated)|
|ISBN||ISBN 0-345-34506-1 (reprint)|
The Tolkien Reader is an anthology of works by J. R. R. Tolkien. It includes a variety of short stories, poems, a play and some non-fiction by Tolkien. It compiles material previously published as three separate shorter books (Tree and Leaf, Farmer Giles of Ham, and The Adventures of Tom Bombadil) together with one additional piece and introductory material. It was published in 1966 by Ballantine Books in the USA.
- "Publisher's Note"
- "Tolkien's Magic Ring", by Peter S. Beagle
- "The Homecoming of Beorhtnoth Beorhthelm's Son"
- Tree and Leaf
- Farmer Giles of Ham
- The Adventures of Tom Bombadil
- "The Adventures of Tom Bombadil"
- "Bombadil Goes Boating"
- "Princess Mee"
- "The Man in the Moon Stayed Up Too Late"
- "The Man in the Moon Came Down Too Soon"
- "The Stone Troll"
- "The Mewlips"
- "The Hoard"
- "The Sea-Bell"
- "The Last Ship"
- Poems and Stories
- Tales from the Perilous Realm, a similar collection, containing a slightly different (but overlapping) collection of material.
|This article about an anthology of written works is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to J. R. R. Tolkien's legendarium is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|