The Tom and Jerry Show (2014 TV series)
|The Tom and Jerry Show|
Opening title screen
|Created by||Based on the characters created by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera|
|Directed by||Darrell Van Citters|
|Voices of||William Hanna (archive sound)
|Theme music composer||Scott Bradley (re-composed by Andy Sturmer)|
John Van Tongeren
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||26 (52 segments) (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Sam Register|
|Running time||11 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Renegade Animation
Warner Bros. Animation
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Television|
|Original channel||Cartoon Network (US)
|First shown in||Canada|
March 1, 2014 – present
April 9, 2014 – present
|Preceded by||Tom and Jerry Tales|
The Tom and Jerry Show is a 2014 American animated television series produced by Warner Bros. Animation and Renegade Animation, based on the Tom and Jerry characters and theatrical cartoon series created by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera in 1940. It had its world premiere on the Canadian channel Teletoon on March 1, 2014, and premiered on Cartoon Network in the United States on April 9, 2014.
The series normally follows the antics of Tom in his pursuit of Jerry. However episodes can follow one of four different themes. They are:
- Tom and Jerry's antics in a traditional sense.
- Tom and Jerry being pets to two witches named Beatie and Hildie.
- Tom and Jerry operating an agency called "The Cat and Mouse Detectives," complete with a narrator.
- Jerry living in a lab with a rat companion named Napoleon, and Tom being an alley cat.
|Season||Episodes||Canadian air date||U.S. air date|
|First aired||Last aired||First aired||Last aired|
|1||26||March 1, 2014||TBA||April 9, 2014||August 4, 2014|
- Jason Alexander - Rick
- Grey DeLisle-Griffin - Ginger
- Rick Zieff - Spike, Barkley the Dog, Skid, Dutch
- Rene Mujica - Newt, Bear, Tom's 7th Life
- Cree Summer - Beatie
- Rachael MacFarlane - Hildie, Mummy
- Joey D'Auria - Butch, Meathelda
- Gary Cole - "The Cat and Mouse Detectives" Narrator
- Chris Parnell - "The Great Outdoors" Narrator
- Tom Kenny - Detective, Dr. Bigby, Hamster, Wilfred, Tom's 1st Life, Tom's 4th Life, Tom's 5th Life, Tom's 8th Life, Ronnie the Rabbit, Percy
- Nika Futterman - Polly
- Charlie Adler - Polly's Mother
- Alicyn Packard - Toodles, Madame Beta, Dove
- Simon Helberg - Napoleon
- Kath Soucie - Tuffy, Cozette, Gigi
- Sam Kwasman - Quacker
- Dave B. Mitchell - Tom's 2nd Life, Tom's 3rd Life, Tom's 6th Life, Petey, Mummy's Spellbook, Rat
- Eric Bauza - Skunk
- Phil Lollar - Monkey
- Julie Wittner - Bunny, Roxie, Misty
- Robin Atkin Downes - Large Marvin, Magic Mirror
- Charlie Schlatter - Grayson
- Kari Wahlgren - Toots
Cartoon Network announced that a new show, which consists of 52 11-minute shorts, "will preserve the look, core characters and sensibility of the original theatrical shorts."
Entitled The Tom and Jerry Show, the series is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and Renegade Animation, with Renegade handling the actual production work under the supervision of Darrell Van Citters and Ashley Postelwaite. Darrell Van Citters is also the director of the series. The Tom and Jerry Show was originally intended to be a 2013 Cartoon Network premiere before being pushed back to April 9, 2014. This is the second Tom and Jerry television series produced in the 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio and the first to be animated in Adobe Flash. This show is rated TV-PG, a first for the Tom and Jerry series.
Home media release
|DVD Name||Ep #||Release Date|
|The Tom and Jerry Show - Season One Part One - Frisky Business||13||September 23, 2014|
|The Tom and Jerry Show - Season One Part Two - Funny Side Up||13||January 13, 2015|
The Tom and Jerry Show first premiered on March 1, 2014 on Teletoon in Canada. The series premiered on April 9, 2014 on Cartoon Network in the United States. In the United Kingdom and Ireland, it began airing on April 12, 2014 on Boomerang. It premiered on April 21, 2014 on Cartoon Network in India. In Australia, Cartoon Network premiered it on May 5, 2014. The series is scheduled to begin airing on Boomerang in the United States on January 5, 2015.
- "Press Release - March 2014 Programming Highlights TELETOON, TELETOON at Night, TELETOON RETRO". Corusent.com. February 19, 2014. Retrieved April 2, 2014.
- "The Tom and Jerry Show Coming to Cartoon Network". Big Cartoon News. October 8, 2012.
- "Cartoon Network Upfront Presentation 2013". About.com. Retrieved March 10, 2014.
- "New Tom and Jerry Show - The Tom and Jerry Show Videos â€" Cartoon Network". Cartoonnetwork.com. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "March 2014 Programming Highlights TELETOON, TELETOON at Night, TELETOON RETRO". Corus Entertainment. February 19, 2014. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- Wolfe, Jennifer (March 26, 2014). "'Tom and Jerry Show’ Premieres April 9 on Cartoon Network". Animation World Network. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- "Turner UK Unveils 2014 Programming Slate: 4 New Shows For Cartoon Network, New ‘Tom & Jerry’ Series & More". TV Wise. March 10, 2014. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- BusinessofCinema News Network (April 19, 2014). "The Tom And Jerry Show Makes A Come Back On Cartoon Network". Business of Cinema. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- DHiggins (May 5, 2014). "New this week: Continuum, Secret Meat Business, House of Cards finale & Powerpuff Girls 15th anniversary". Foxtel. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- "Boomerang TV Schedule". LocateTV. December 24, 2014.
- The Tom and Jerry Show at the Internet Movie Database
- The Tom and Jerry Show at the Big Cartoon DataBase