The Tom and Jerry Show (2014 TV series)
|The Tom and Jerry Show|
Opening title screen
|Format||Flash animated series|
|Directed by||Darrell Van Citters|
|Voices of||Jason Alexander
|Theme music composer||Scott Bradley (re-composed by Andy Sturmer)|
John Van Tongeren
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Sam Register|
|Running time||11 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Renegade Animation
Warner Bros. Animation
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Television|
|Original channel||Cartoon Network (US)|
|First shown in||Canada|
March 1, 2014 – present
April 9, 2014 – present
|Preceded by||Tom and Jerry Tales|
The Tom and Jerry Show is a 2014 American animated television series produced by Warner Bros. Animation and Renegade Animation, based on the Tom and Jerry characters and theatrical cartoon series created by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera in 1940. The series follows the antics of a cat named Tom in his pursuit of a mouse named Jerry. It had its world premiere on the Canadian channel Teletoon on March 1, 2014, and premiered on Cartoon Network in the United States on April 9, 2014.
- William Hanna - Tom (archive sound)
- Jason Alexander - Rick
- Grey Delisle-Griffin - Ginger
- Rick Zieff - Spike, Barkley the Dog, Skid
- Rene Mujica - Newt, Bear
- Cree Summer - Beatie
- Rachael MacFarlane - Hildie, Mummy
- Joey D'Auria - Butch, Meathelda
- Gary Cole - "The Cat and Mouse Detectives" Narrator
- Chris Parnell - "The Great Outdoors" Narrator
- Tom Kenny - Detective, Dr. Bigby, Hamster, Wilfred, Tom's 1st Life, Tom's 4th Life, Tom's 5th Life, Tom's 8th Life, Ronnie the Rabbit, Percy
- Nika Futterman - Polly
- Charlie Adler - Polly's Owner
- Alicyn Packard - Toodles, Madame Beta, Dove
- Simon Helberg - Napoleon
- Kath Soucie - Tuffy
- Sam Kwasman - Quacker
- Dave B. Mitchell - Tom's 2nd Life, Tom's 3rd Life, Tom's 6th Life, Petey, Mummy's Spellbook
- Eric Bauza - Skunk
- Phil Lollar - Monkey
- Julie Wittner - Bunny
- Robin Atkin Downes - Marvin
- Kari Wahlgren - Toots
Cartoon Network announced that a new show, which consists of 52 11-minute shorts, "will preserve the look, core characters and sensibility of the original theatrical shorts."
Entitled The Tom and Jerry Show, the series is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and Renegade Animation, with Renegade handling the actual production work under the supervision of Darrell Van Citters and Ashley Postelwaite. Darrell Van Citters is also the director of the series. The Tom and Jerry Show was originally intended to be a 2013 Cartoon Network premiere before being pushed back to April 9, 2014. This is the second Tom and Jerry television series produced in the 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio and the first to be animated in Adobe Flash. This show is rated TV-PG, a first for the Tom and Jerry series.
|Season premiere||Season finale||Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||52||March 1, 2014||TBA||April 9, 2014||TBA|
The series originally premiered on March 1, 2014 on Teletoon in Canada. It premiered April 9, 2014 on Cartoon Network in the United States. Boomerang (UK & Ireland) premiered on the series on April 12, 2014. It premiered on April 21, 2014 on Cartoon Network (India).
- "The Tom and Jerry Show Coming to Cartoon Network". Big Cartoon News. October 8, 2012.
- "Cartoon Network Upfront Presentation 2013". About.com. Retrieved March 10, 2014.
- "New Tom and Jerry Show - The Tom and Jerry Show Videos â€“ Cartoon Network". Cartoonnetwork.com. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "Press Release - March 2014 Programming Highlights TELETOON, TELETOON at Night, TELETOON RETRO". Corusent.com. February 19, 2014. Retrieved April 2, 2014.
- "First Images: Boomerang’s ‘Tom & Jerry’ Reboot". tvwise.co.uk. Retrieved May 30, 2014.
- "Tom & Jerry return Monday 21 April". businessofcinema.com. 19 April 2014.
- The Tom and Jerry Show at the Internet Movie Database
- The Tom and Jerry Show at the Big Cartoon DataBase