|This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010)
The Tornante Company, LLC is a privately held investment firm founded by former The Walt Disney Company CEO Michael Eisner in 2005. Tornante invests in and creates media and entertainment.
At Webby Connect, Michael Eisner said that the name came from a bike trip he took in Italy; he found out that Tornante means hairpin turn in Italian.
Tornante is based in Beverly Hills, California.
Eisner's company signed a worldwide distribution deal with Universal Pictures to release the firm's slate of films.
Current ventures for the firm include:
- Vuguru - online video production company responsible for web series Prom Queen, which made its debut on MySpace and has been the first major hit from Tornante.
- Veoh - online video sharing site, rival to YouTube. Sold to Qlipso in Spring 2010.
- Team Baby Entertainment - Children's sports DVD and production company.
- Topps Company - Sports trading card and bubble gum maker.
- Glenn Martin, DDS - stop-motion animation series which premiered in August 2009 on Nick at Nite.
- BoJack Horseman - an animated comedy series, it will premiere in mid-2014 on Netflix.
Andy Redman, is responsible for sourcing transactions for Tornante.