The Traveling Wilburys Collection
|The Traveling Wilburys Collection|
|Box set by Traveling Wilburys|
|Released||11 June 2007
(see Release history)
|Genre||Folk rock, rock|
|Length||1:26:46 (3 CDs)|
|Label||Wilbury Record Co.
|Producer||Otis Wilbury, Nelson Wilbury, Clayton Wilbury, Spike Wilbury|
|Traveling Wilburys chronology|
The Traveling Wilburys Collection is a 2007 box set compilation album comprising both albums by the Traveling Wilburys, a DVD with their videos and a documentary about the group. The set was released 11 June 2007 by Rhino, in association with Wilbury Records. The album went straight to number 1 in several countries.
Disc one: Traveling Wilburys Vol. 1
All songs written by the Traveling Wilburys.
- "Handle with Care" – 3:20
- "Dirty World" – 3:30
- "Rattled" – 3:00
- "Last Night" – 3:48
- "Not Alone Any More" – 3:24
- "Congratulations" – 3:30
- "Heading for the Light" – 3:37
- "Margarita" – 3:15
- "Tweeter and the Monkey Man" – 5:30
- "End of the Line" – 3:30
- "Maxine" – 2:49
- "Like a Ship" – 3:30
- Previously unreleased bonus track, with additional backing vocals by Jeff Lynne and Dhani Harrison and a guitar solo by Dhani Harrison added in 2007.
Disc two: DVD
- The True History of the Traveling Wilburys documentary - 24 minutes
- "Handle With Care" (video)
- "End of the Line" (video)
- "She's My Baby" (video)
- "Inside Out" (video)
- "Wilbury Twist" (video)
Disc three: Traveling Wilburys Vol. 3
All songs written by the Traveling Wilburys, except where noted.
- "She's My Baby" – 3:14
- "Inside Out" – 3:36
- "If You Belonged To Me" – 3:13
- "Devil's Been Busy" – 3:18
- "7 Deadly Sins" – 3:18
- "Poor House" – 3:17
- "Where Were You Last Night?" – 3:03
- "Cool Dry Place" – 3:37
- "New Blue Moon" – 3:21
- "You Took My Breath Away" – 3:18
- "Wilbury Twist" – 2:56
- "Nobody's Child" (Cy Coben, Mel Foree) – 3:28
- Bonus track, previously released on Nobody's Child: Romanian Angel Appeal.
- "Runaway" (Del Shannon, Max D. Crook) – 2:30
Vinyl edition track listings
The Vinyl Edition features the originally released Vol. 1 and Vol. 3 Plus a Bonus 12" featuring:
- "Handle With Care (Extended Version)"
- "Like a Ship"
- "End of the Line (Extended Version)"
- "Nobody's Child"
- "Not Alone Anymore (Remix)"
The set is available in four different configurations:
- The standard package features both albums with bonus tracks, a bonus DVD with a 24-minute documentary and the music videos produced by the band, and a 16-page collectible book.
- The deluxe edition set is linen-bound and features both albums with bonus tracks, the bonus DVD, and a 40-page collectible book with photos, original liner notes, and new liner notes. The deluxe edition is limited to 50,000 copies worldwide and includes a uniquely numbered certificate of authenticity.
- A vinyl edition features both albums on vinyl with an additional 12-inch disc featuring bonus tracks, a collectible album-sized book, additional postcards and posters, and an exclusive remix of "Not Alone Anymore".
- A digital bundle was also released and features downloadable editions of the albums with bonus tracks, video content and an interactive booklet.
- Nelson & Spike Wilbury (all tracks) – lead guitar, mandolin, sitar, vocals
- Clayton & Otis Wilbury (all tracks) – guitar, keyboards, bass, vocals, lead guitar on "Maxine"
- Charlie & Muddy Wilbury (all tracks) – guitar, bass, vocals
- Lucky & Boo Wilbury (all tracks) – guitar, harmonica, vocals
- Lefty Wilbury (most tracks) – guitar, vocals
- Buster Sidebury – drums, percussion
- Jim Horn – saxophones
- Ray Cooper – percussion
- Ian Wallace – tom toms on "Handle With Care"
- Gary Moore – lead guitar on "She's My Baby"
- Dhani Harrison – lead guitar on "Like A Ship", backing vocals on "Maxine" and "Like A Ship"
|United Kingdom||June 11, 2007|
|United States||June 12, 2007|
Though the original issues enjoyed success, this re-release reached even greater heights, quickly topping the UK Albums Chart, the Australian ARIA Charts, Ireland's Albums Chart, New Zealand's Albums Chart, Apple's iTunes, and Amazon's pre-order and sales list. In its first week, the set sold over 110,000 copies in the United Kingdom and 269.000 copies worldwide. In the United States, the set managed to peak at #9 in Billboard's Billboard 200 album chart, beating the record held by the Nirvana box set With the Lights Out for highest debut of a box set, although Nirvana's sold more copies (119,000). It also set the biggest first week UK sales for a box set. Over 1,827,000 copies have been sold worldwide to date, equating to over 5.8 million discs total.
The album debuted on the Billboard 200 chart on June 30, 2007 at number 9, with sales of 77,787 copies. It remained on the chart for 13 weeks.
Good Girl Gone Bad by Rihanna
|UK Albums Chart number one album
June 17–23, 2007
Icky Thump by The White Stripes
Dream Days at the Hotel Existence by Powderfinger
|Australian ARIA Albums Chart number-one album
June 18–25, 2007
Time on Earth by Crowded House
- Allmusic review
- Cohen, Jonathan (2007-03-20). "Exclusive: Traveling Wilburys Reborn With Rhino". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2007-04-24.
- "Where There's a Wilbury, There's a Way: Traveling Wilburys Music Available for the First Time in a Decade". PR Newswire. 2007-03-21. Retrieved 2007-04-24.