The Trouble With Money
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the 1936 Dutch film. For the 2006 short film, see The Trouble with Money.
||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Dutch Wikipedia. (May 2009)|
|Komedie om Geld|
|Directed by||Max Ophüls|
|Produced by||Will Tuschinski|
|Written by||Alex de Haas (writer), Christine van Meeteren (dialogue)|
|30 October 1936|
At the time, the film was the most expensive production ever to have been made in the Netherlands costing around 150,000 guilders. On its initial release, it only took around 10,000 guilders at the box office.
- Herman Bouber ... Karel Brand
- Matthieu van Eysden ... Ferdinand
- Rini Otte ... Willy, Daughter of Brand
- Cor Ruys ... Moorman
- Edwin Gubbins Doorenbos ... Verteller (voice)
- Lau Ezerman
- Arend Sandhouse
- Richard Flinck
- Corry Vonk
- Bert van Dongen
- Gerard Doting
- Gerard Hartkamp
- Christine van Meeteren
Notes and references
- "Komedie om Geld on filmtotaal".
- Mathijs p.61
- Mathijs, Ernest. The Cinema of the Low Countries. Wallflower Press, 2004.
|This article related to a Dutch film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 1930s comedy film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|