The Troubleshooters (1959 TV series)
|Directed by||Robert Altman|
Roland "Bob" Harris
|Country of origin||USA|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Running time||30 min.|
|Picture format||Black and white|
|Original run||September 11, 1959 – April 10, 1960|
The Troubleshooters is an American 26-segment half-hour adventure series starring Keenan Wynn (1916–1986) as Kodiak and Bob Mathias (1930–2006) as Frank Dugan. The show aired on NBC Television from September 11, 1959, to April 10, 1960. Based on events at international construction sites, the program was directed by Robert Altman early in his career. It was the first TV series offered by United Artists.
The premiere episode "Liquid Death" introduced the supporting cast members, as Davis, Chet Allen (born 1928) as Slats, Roland "Bob" Harris (born 1930 ) as Jim, Bob Fortier as Scotty, and stunt actor Carey Loftin (1914–1997) as Skinner. Forrest Compton (born 1925) also appeared in two episodes as Davis.
Among the guest stars were:
- Dabbs Greer as Lepage and Dennis Cross as Deputy Sheriff Morton in "The Law and the Profits" on September 18
- Dan Blocker in the episode "Tiger Culhane" on October 9
- Harry Townes as Verne Lewis in "Moment of Terror" on October 16
- John Larch in "Gino" on October 23
- Werner Klemperer in "Tunnel to Yesterday" on December 4
Other episodes in which the cast primarily appeared were "Pipeline", "Moment of Terror", "Trouble at the Orphanage", "The Mountain That Moved", "The Big Blaze", "The Town That Wouldn't Die", "Incident at Rain Mountain", "The Landmark", and "No Stone Unturned". The series finale is called "The Carnival".
- TV.com, The Troubleshooters:http://www.tv.com/the-troubleshooters/show/10735/summary.html
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, New York: Penguin Books, 1996, p. 866
- IMDB, The Troubleshooters: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052519/
- 1959-1960 American network television schedule