The Two and Only
|The Two and Only|
|Studio album by The Bellamy Brothers|
|Label||Warner Bros./Curb Records|
|The Bellamy Brothers chronology|
The Two and Only is the fourth album by the American country music duo The Bellamy Brothers (David Milton Bellamy and Homer Howard Bellamy) released in 1979 by Warner Bros. Records/Curb Records. It reached #9 in the US country charts and #12 in Canada.
Three singles were released from the album. "Lovin' On" reached #16 in the US and #25 in the Canadian country charts in 1978. "If I Said You Had a Beautiful Body Would You Hold It Against Me" reached #1 in the US country charts, #24 in the Canadian country charts, #3 in the UK and #2 in Switzerland. "You Ain't Just Whistlin' Dixie" reached #5 in the US and #11 in the Canadian country charts.
- "If I Said You Had a Beautiful Body Would You Hold It Against Me" (David Bellamy)
- "May You Never" (John Martyn)
- "Miss Misunderstood” (David Bellamy)
- "Makin' Music Mamma" (Howard Bellamy)
- "You Ain't Just Whistlin' Dixie" (David Bellamy)
- "Lovin' On" (Ben Peters)
- "Ole Faithful" (Howard Bellamy)
- "Why Did We Die So Young" (David Bellamy)
- "Blue Ribbons" (Howard Bellamy)
- "Wet T-Shirt" (David Bellamy)
- The Bellamy Brothers and the Dizzy Rambler Band
- David and Howard Bellamy: Lead and Harmony Vocals and Acoustic Guitar
- Carl Chambers: Lead and Acoustic Guitars
- Jesse Chambers: Bass Guitar
- Danny Jones: Steel Guitar
- Jon LaFrandre: Keyboards
- Rodney Price & Carlos Vega: Drums
- Produced and Engineered by Michael Lloyd for Mike Curb Productions.
- Second Engineer: Jim Crosby.
- Mastered at Artisan by Bob McCloud.
- Photography by George Whiteman.
- "Top Country Songs of 1979 ••• Music VF, US & UK hits charts". Musicvf.com. Retrieved 2014-02-17.
- Steffen Hung (2005-08-25). "Bellamy Brothers - The Two And Only". hitparade.ch. Retrieved 2014-02-17.