The Unit (season 2)
|The Unit Season 2|
Season 2 DVD cover
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||23|
|Original run||September 19, 2006– May 8, 2007|
|Home video release|
|DVD release date||Region 1: September 25, 2007
Region 2: October 22, 2007
The second season of The Unit originally broadcast between September 19, 2006 and May 8, 2007, it introduces several new characters to the series. Tiffy has trouble with the law when she covers for Colonel Ryan's wife, Charlotte, and The Unit is investigated by the CIA over infractions that could result in criminal charges.
Cast and characters 
Main cast 
- Dennis Haysbert as Sergeant Major Jonas Blane, aka Snake Doctor
- Scott Foley as Staff Sergeant Bob Brown, aka Cool Breeze
- Max Martini as Master Sergeant Mack Gerhardt, aka Dirt Diver
- Michael Irby as Sergeant First Class Charles Grey, aka Betty Blue
- Robert Patrick as Colonel Thomas Ryan, aka Dog Patch
- Demore Barnes as Sergeant First Class Hector Williams, aka Hammerhead
Supporting cast 
- Regina Taylor as Molly Blane
- Audrey Marie Anderson as Kim Brown
- Abby Brammell as Tiffy Gerhardt
- Rebecca Pidgeon as Charlotte Ryan
- Kavita Patil as Sergeant Kayla Medawar
Recurring cast 
- Susan Matus as Sergeant Sarah Irvine
- Angel Wainwright as Betsy Blane
- Summer Glau as Crystal Burns
- Daniel Wisler as Jeremy Erhart
- Alyssa Shafer as Serena Brown
Episode list 
|No.||#||Title||Directed by||Written by||U.S. viewers
|Original air date||Production
|14||1||"Change of Station"||Steven DePaul||David Mamet||N/A||N/A||September 19, 2006||2ALF01|
|Mack and Tiffy prepare to leave the Unit, but she begins to feel conflicted when one of her former students, who claims to be physically abused, comes to her for help. The rest of the team are sent to Pakistan to prevent a plan to spread a deadly disease throughout the western world.|
|15||2||"Extreme Rendition"||Terrence O'Hara||Sharon Lee Watson||11.96||27||September 26, 2006||2ALF03|
|The team must help a rogue former Unit operator escape from a Bulgarian prison in order to have him help assassinate the world's leading arms dealer. On base, Molly takes a one time recruiting job to hire someone away from the Unit so she can put her sick mother in a nursing home|
|16||3||"The Kill Zone"||Steve Gomer||Lynn Mamet||13.22||23||October 3, 2006||2ALF02|
|The team is sent to Paraguay to eliminate a militia rebel leader, but the mission is put on hold when they must rescue two operators trapped by a sniper. On base, the wives help the fiancée of a deceased Unit member gain custody of her two would be step-daughters.|
|17||4||"Manhunt"||Michael Zinberg||Emily Halpern||13.03||23||October 10, 2006||2ALF04|
|The team must find a terrorist who is planning to attack a nuclear waste train. On base, Kim becomes upset when she sees a strange man talking to her daughter, Serena, outside of school.|
|18||5||"Force Majeure"||James Whitmore, Jr.||Daniel Voll||12.94||25||October 17, 2006||2ALF05|
|The team must evacuate an exiled dictator from an American hospital during a hurricane, but discover that other patients have been left behind. On base, Molly struggles over whether to honor Jeremy's request to be sent to Iraq and Tiffy and Mack decide to have another baby.|
|19||6||"Old Home Week"||David Mamet||David Mamet||11.49||30||October 31, 2006||2ALF07|
|The team is sent to Africa on a mission to track down smuggled diamonds. On base, the wives organize "Old Home Week" to raise funds to help those in service in Iraq. Kim discovers an undelivered letter written by a soldier to someone he deeply loved, shortly before he was killed in action in 1944. She attempts to find the soldier's widow through his friend-in-arms and deliver the letter to her.|
|20||7||"Off the Meter"||Alex Zakrzewski||Lynn Mamet & Eric L. Haney||11.34||35||November 7, 2006||2ALF08|
|Jonas enlists Bob to take part in an unofficial operation to extract Ron Cheals' illegitimate daughter from a religious cult whose members are about to flee the U.S. On base, Tiffy covers for Charlotte Ryan when she is questioned by the police after she sees her driving erratically and discovers pills in her car.|
|21||8||"Natural Selection"||Helen Shaver||Sharon Lee Watson||11.84||30||November 14, 2006||2ALF09|
|Bob and his translator are stranded in the Russian wilderness after their helicopter crashes. As Bob fights to save his translator's life, he remembers his experience during Unit selection through a series of flashbacks.|
|22||9||"Report by Exception"||Gwyneth Horder-Payton||Todd Ellis Kessler||12.39||22||November 21, 2006[Note 1]||2ALF06|
|The team are sent to assassinate a prominent Latin American official who threatens the U.S. oil supply, but the mission is made difficult for Jonas when the woman posing as his wife begins to take her role very seriously. Colonel Tom Ryan travels to Washington, D.C. and is questioned about the Unit's mission during a congressional briefing.|
|23||10||"Bait"||Jean de Segonzac||Randy Huggins||12.56||23||November 28, 2006||2ALF10|
|Colonel Ryan is shut down by his contacts in Washington when Jonas becomes a prisoner of war in Georgia. Since his contacts refuse to cooperate with him, Colonel Ryan sends the team to rescue Jonas. On base, Tiffy learns she may face time in prison for her involvement in covering up Charlotte's reckless driving.|
|24||11||"Silver Star"||Bill L. Norton||David Mamet||N/A||N/A||December 12, 2006||2ALF14|
|Jonas' father is awarded the Silver Star for his actions in Korea. Jonas recalls his father's actions to his nephew, also a soldier, after he learns that his nephew beats his young wife. On base, Mack and Bob must help land a plane that has flown into a restricted area.|
|25||12||"The Broom Cupboard"||Karen Gaviola||Emily Halpern||11.93||19||January 16, 2007||2ALF11|
|The team is assigned to protect a U.S. Senator who plans to meet a rebel leader wanting to overthrow his government. Jonas receives a top secret mission from the President of the United States to evaluate the rebel leader. Molly, Tiffy, and Kim help Jeremy with a surprise engagement party for Crystal.|
|26||13||"Sub Conscious"||Steven DePaul||Daniel Voll||12.41||25||February 6, 2007||2ALF13|
|Kim is overheard discussing a dream she had which inexplicably contains secret details of the team's dangerous mission to North Korea. Colonel Ryan learns of the dream and believes Bob told Kim about the plan. Meanwhile, Jonas has to deal with the captain of a South Korean submarine.|
|27||14||"Johnny B. Good"||Vahan Moosekian||Todd Ellis Kessler||10.54||32||February 6, 2007||2ALF12|
|The team is sent into Iran to deploy sensors for detecting nuclear weapons, but the mission becomes complicated when civilians become involved. On base, Tiffy considers whether she should help a soldier who went AWOL and Molly visits Jeremy in the burn unit. She becomes disappointed when Crystal does not come to visit him.|
|28||15||"The Water is Wide"||Krishna Rao||Lynn Mamet||11.86||26||February 13, 2007||2AFL15|
|The team is sent on a mission to protect a Middle Eastern dignitary at the United Nations, but must defuse a bomb found in the office of the U.N. Secretary General. Meanwhile, Molly and Tiffy visit Vietnam to honor the soldiers who fought there. On base, Crystal tries to seduce Mack and threatens to tell Tiffy about their relationship.|
|29||16||"Games of Chance"||Terrence O'Hara||Sharon Lee Watson||11.70||23||February 20, 2007||2ALF16|
|The team competes against other elite military forces from around the world in counter-terrorism games staged in Hamburg, Germany, but the games turn deadly when someone tries to use them to stage a real act of terrorism. Meanwhile, Kim meets a former boyfriend while on a business trip and learns that he is now a multimillionaire and recently divorced.|
|30||17||"Dark of the Moon"||Michael Zinberg||Eric L. Haney||13.05||21||February 27, 2007||2ALF17|
|The team captures three Pakistani men from a Waziristan village to take in for questioning, but they are pursued by the local militia. After arriving at an Army support base in a remote area of Afghanistan, the team find the base in a state of disarray and must prepare the troops against an attack from the militia.|
|31||18||"Two Coins"||Bill L. Norton||David Mamet||11.97||17||March 20, 2007||2ALF18|
|Grey becomes involved in a relationship with a female Israeli soldier when the team travels to Israel to study advanced desert warfare. When the two go off into the desert alone, they become surrounded by hostile Arab militia. On base, Tiffy stumbles upon a windfall which makes her question her motives.|
|32||19||"Outsiders"||Alex Zakrzewski||Randy Huggins||9.83||33||April 3, 2007||2ALF19|
|Brown and Williams are sent to Papua New Guinea to retrieve an aircraft's black box. Back on base, Mack discovers that Crystal may be talking to a reporter about the Unit.|
|33||20||"In Loco Parentis"||Michael Offer||Clayton Surratt & Todd Ellis Kessler||10.37||24||April 10, 2007||2ALF20|
|The team must work with a SWAT unit to rescue the students of an elite international private school in the Washington suburbs who have been taken hostage by unknown captors. On base, Lissy becomes interested in the son of an Officer.|
|34||21||"Bedfellows"||Dean White||Emily Halpern||9.83||27||April 24, 2007||2ALF21|
|Bob's loyalty to Jonas and the Unit is challenged when he is recruited to work with the CIA on a covert mission. On base, Mack becomes convinced that Tiffy is having an affair.|
|35||22||"Freefall"||James Whitmore, Jr.||Daniel Voll & Sara B. Cooper||9.70||32||May 1, 2007||2ALF22|
|Mack, Grey and Williams protect a Thai prince on American soil and uncover scandalous family secrets that include murder. Meanwhile, Bob's life is endangered when a parachute jump goes awry.|
|36||23||"Paradise Lost"||Vahan Moosekian||Eric L. Haney & Lynn Mamet||10.74||24||May 8, 2007||2ALF23|
|The team is investigated by a government agency that is probing into possible infractions that could result in criminal charges. Mack confronts Tiffy about Wilson and the CIA continues to try and recruit Bob.|
- "Report by Exception" was originally to be aired on October 24, 2006, but was preempted.
- "The Unit: The Complete Second Season (2006)". Amazon.com. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "The Unit - Season 2 - Complete (DVD) (2007)". Amazon.com. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 09/25/06 through 10/01/06". ABC Medianet. October 3, 2006. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 10/02/06 through 10/08/06". ABC Medianet. October 10, 2006. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 10/09/06 through 10/15/06". ABC Medianet. October 17, 2006. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 10/16/06 through 10/22/06". ABC Medianet. October 24, 2006. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 10/30/06 through 11/05/06". ABC Medianet. November 7, 2006. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 11/06/06 through 11/12/06". ABC Medianet. November 14, 2006. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 11/13/06 through 11/19/06". ABC Medianet. November 21, 2006. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 11/20/06 through 11/26/06". ABC Medianet. November 28, 2006. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 11/27/06 through 12/03/06". ABC Medianet. December 5, 2006. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 01/15/07 through 01/21/07". ABC Medianet. January 23, 2007. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 02/05/07 through 02/11/07". ABC Medianet. February 13, 2007. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 02/12/07 through 02/18/07". ABC Medianet. February 21, 2007. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 02/19/07 through 02/25/07". ABC Medianet. February 27, 2007. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 02/26/07 through 03/04/07". ABC Medianet. March 6, 2007. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 03/19/07 through 03/25/07". ABC Medianet. March 27, 2007. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 04/02/07 through 04/08/07". ABC Medianet. April 10, 2007. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 04/09/07 through 04/15/07". ABC Medianet. April 17, 2007. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 04/23/07 through 04/29/07". ABC Medianet. May 1, 2007. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 04/30/07 through 05/06/07". ABC Medianet. May 8, 2007. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 05/07/07 through 05/13/07". ABC Medianet. May 15, 2007. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- List of The Unit episodes at the Internet Movie Database
- List of The Unit season 2 episodes at TV.com
- The Unit at epguides.com