The Unit (season 3)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Unit Season 3|
Season 3 DVD box set
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||11|
|Original run||September 25, 2007– December 18, 2007|
|Home video release|
|DVD release date||Region 1: October 14, 2008
Region 2: October 20, 2008
The third season of The Unit started on September 25, 2007, with a hiatus, which ended in the season being cut short, occurring after the 11th episode due to 2007–2008 Writers Guild of America strike.
Cast and characters
- Dennis Haysbert as Sergeant Major Jonas Blane, a.k.a. Snake Doctor
- Scott Foley as Staff Sergeant[Note 1] Bob Brown, a.k.a. Cool Breeze
- Max Martini as Master Sergeant Mack Gerhardt, a.k.a. Dirt Diver
- Michael Irby as Sergeant First Class Charles Grey, a.k.a. Betty Blue
- Robert Patrick as Colonel Thomas Ryan, a.k.a. Dog Patch
- Demore Barnes as Sergeant First Class Hector Williams, a.k.a. Hammerhead[Note 2]
- Regina Taylor as Molly Blane
- Audrey Marie Anderson as Kim Brown
- Abby Brammell as Tiffy Gerhardt
- Rebecca Pidgeon as Charlotte Ryan
- Kavita Patil as Sergeant Kayla Medawar
See also: List of The Unit episodes
|No.||#||Title||Directed by||Written by||U.S. viewers
|Original air date||Production
|37||1||"Pandemonium (Part 1)"||Vahan Moosekian||Sharon Lee Watson||10.70||30||September 25, 2007||3ALF01|
|Jonas is pursued by a mysterious assassin, and meets up with Mariana, a CIA operative from the 2nd season. Colonel Ryan meets up with his wife, who has sold out secrets about the unit that prompted the investigation and subsequent shutdown of the unit. Finally, Jonas makes a shocking discovery.|
|38||2||"Pandemonium (Part 2)"||Steven DePaul||Todd Ellis Kessler||11.31||24||October 2, 2007||3ALF02|
|Jonas, Bob, and Charles return to Washington, D.C. and rendezvous with Colonel Ryan. They try to find the person responsible for the dismantling of the Unit and try to clear their name. Meanwhile Hector is being transported to a Senate subcommittee hearing to testify against the Unit and Mack is held at a secret prison.|
|39||3||"Always Kiss Them Goodbye"||Michael Zinberg||Eric L. Haney||11.03||24||October 9, 2007||3ALF03|
|A VX nerve agent bomb has been stolen from a nearby military arsenal. While Mack mans the TOC, Jonas leads the other Team members on an attempt to recover the stolen bomb. When the bomb is loaded on a plane, Bob pursues it on another plane. On base, an accident between Mack and Tiffy in the garage is misinterpreted as a domestic dispute and Ryan orders Mack to move to the BEQ. Kim tries to start a military talk show at the radio station.|
|40||4||"Every Step You Take"||Helen Shaver||Lynn Mamet||12.35||22||October 16, 2007||3ALF04|
|Bob, Mack, and Hector rescue embassy personnel and their families who are under attack in Abidjan. After learning that his daughter wants to enlist, Jonas takes her on a trip to prepare her for boot camp.|
|41||5||"Inside Out"||Bill L. Norton||Dan Hindmarch||10.84||27||October 23, 2007||3ALF05|
|The Unit must retrieve a computer chip being carried by a mule that contains information on undercover agents within terrorist networks. On base, Bob tries to care for his family after Kim needs bed rest due to her pregnancy. To make ends meet after getting fired from her teaching job, Tiffy goes to work at a bar, first as a waitress and then as an exotic dancer.|
|42||6||"MPs"||James Whitmore, Jr.||David Mamet||10.7||N/A||October 30, 2007||3ALF06|
|Jonas, Mack and Grey protect a troublesome pop star during her trip to Iraq. Bob is tasked to escort a foreign prisoner for extradition to his home country. Williams dates a waitress where Tiffy works.|
|43||7||"Five Brothers"||Steve Gomer||Frank Military||11.08||27||November 6, 2007||3ALF07|
|On a mission in Beirut to rescue a kidnapped reporter who endangers the team and Grey is shot. The wives insist on helping a reluctant Tiffy against an unscrupulous tow truck operator. Williams is killed by a sniper during the mission.|
|44||8||"Play 16"||James Whitmore, Jr.||Daniel Voll||11.04||27||November 13, 2007||3ALF08|
|Jonas goes on a solo mission to seek out the leader of the group responsible for Williams' death. Bob lobbies the rescued journalist to keep the mission a secret.|
|45||9||"Binary Explosion"||Steven DePaul||Randy Huggins||10.76||28||November 20, 2007||3ALF09|
|Jonas, Grey, and Bob work to uncover gang members in the Army who are selling weapons. Meanwhile, Mack and Col. Ryan track down football players who caused Tiffy to get into an auto accident.|
|46||10||"Gone Missing"||Terrence O'Hara||Eric L. Haney & Lynn Mamet||10.56||28||November 27, 2007||3ALF10|
|In Macedonia, Bob's operation capability becomes questionable after he starts to see visions of people whom he killed during missions. Tiffy and Kim discover a shocking story about Molly's father.|
|47||11||"Side Angle Side"[Note 3]||Seth Wiley||Todd Ellis Kessler||10.7||N/A||December 18, 2007||3ALF11|
|Jonas is in London working on discovering the connection between a Russian uranium dealer and his old friend from MI5. On the home front, Kim is confronted by a suicidal caller on her talk show, Bob gets a promotion to Sergeant First Class, and Charles is having an internal struggle about dating his late-friend-and-teammate Hector Williams' ex-girlfriend.|
- "The Unit: The Complete Third Season". Amazon.com. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "The Unit - Season 3 - Complete (DVD) (2008)". Amazon.com. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 09/24/07 through 09/30/07". ABC Medianet. October 2, 2007. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 10/01/07 through 10/07/07". ABC Medianet. October 9, 2007. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 10/08/07 through 10/14/07". ABC Medianet. October 16, 2007. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 10/15/07 through 10/21/07". ABC Medianet. October 23, 2007. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 10/22/07 through 10/28/07". ABC Medianet. October 30, 2007. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 11/05/07 through 11/11/07". ABC Medianet. November 13, 2004. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 11/12/07 through 11/18/07". ABC Medianet. November 20, 2007. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 11/19/07 through 11/25/07". ABC Medianet. November 27, 2007. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 11/26/07 through 12/02/07". ABC Medianet. April 200712. Retrieved February 14, 2010. Check date values in:
- List of The Unit episodes at the Internet Movie Database
- List of The Unit season 3 episodes at TV.com
- The Unit at epguides.com