University of Asia Pacific (Bangladesh)
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (May 2007)|
|University of Asia Pacific|
|Motto||Committed to excellence|
|Established||1996 by Ragib Ali|
|Chancellor||President Zillur Rahman|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. Jamilur Reza Choudhury|
University of Asia Pacific (Bengali: ইউনিভার্সিটি অফ এশিয়া প্যাসিফিক) is a private university located in Dhanmondi, Dhaka, Bangladesh. The campus consists of ten rented premises in Dhanmondi Residential Area, Dhaka. The buildings are just off the main Road. Construction of the permanent Campus of UAP has already started in Green Road and is expected to be completed by 2014.
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Business Administration,
- Department of Civil Engineering,
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering,
- Department of Pharmacy,
- Department of Mathematics,
- Department of English,
- Department of Law and Human Rights,
- Department of Basic Sciences and Humanities.
Undergraduate programs of study 
- Bachelor of Architecture,
- Bachelor of Business Administration,
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering,
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronics Engineering,
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering,
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics,
- Bachelor of Pharmacy,
- Bachelor of Arts in English,
- Bachelor of Laws (Regular & External).
The Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering program has been accredited by the Board of Accreditation for Engineering and Technical Education in Bangladesh (BAETE). This enables the graduates to be members of the Institute of Engineers Bangladesh (IEB), a highly prestigious and the only government-approved professional body for engineers. The program has also been approved by Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) for pursuing their Msc courses.
Graduate programs of study 
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering (MCE),
- Master of Business Administration (MBA & EMBA),
- MS in Pharmaceutical Technology (MS Pharm. Tech.),
- Master of Science in Computer Science & Engineering (MCSE),
- LL. M (Regular)
- LL. M (External)
Academic and research collaboration 
UAP enjoys collaborative ties with a number of reputed foreign and national universities, institutions of higher education and research in foreign countries. UAP is currently running 3+1 degree programmes, i.e., students can complete their first three years at UAP and the final year at one of these universities. They can be awarded the degree from either of these institutions, which indicates the quality of teaching and research at this University.
- USA: The University of Baltimore, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, Purdue University, De Vry University, etc.
- Canada: The University of Windsor
- Australia: The University of Western Sydney, University of Canberra
- Ireland: Griffith College of Dublin
- Japan: Port and Airport Research Institute (PARI), Japan Concrete Institute (JCI)
Under these collaborations, the first batch of BBA students has completed graduation at the University of Baltimore and batches of CE students have completed research programmes at PARI.
Membership in national and international bodies 
Several departments of UAP have been accredited by relevant professional bodies of the country and international institutions:
- Institute of Architects (IAB)
- Board of Accreditation for Engineering and Technical Education (BAETE), Bangladesh
- Institute of Engineers Bangladesh (IEB)
- Pharmacy Council of Bangladesh
- UAP is the first Bangladeshi private university which has become a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, UK.
In fact, the Pharmacy and Civil Engineering departments of UAP were the first among private universities to earn such accreditations. UAP graduates are therefore eligible to be members of professional bodies like Institute of Engineers Bangladesh (IEB), Institute of Architects Bangladesh (IAB), Pharmacy Council, and several of them have already earned their memberships in these prestigious bodies.
Moreover, UAP is a member of the American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham), University of Asia Pacific Region, the Association of Universities of Asia and the Pacific and International Association of University Presidents (IAUP).
The campuses of this university spreads from Road#3/A to Road#7/A in Dhanmondi, Dhaka,1209.
The campus consists of nine rented premises -
1. Block "A" Department of Pharmacy & Admission Office House No. 73, Road No. 5/A, Dhanmondi, Dhaka
2. Block "B" Department of Business Administration & Exam Contoller Office House No. 84, Road No. 7/A, Dhanmondi, Dhaka
3. Block "C" Departments of Civil Engineering House No. 8, Road No.7, Dhanmondi, Dhaka
4. Block "D" Department of Computer Science and Engineering Department of Basic Sciences and Humanities House No. 52/1, Road No. 3/A, Dhanmondi, Dhaka
5. Block "E" Department of Architecture House No. 51 Road No. 4/A, Dhanmondi, Dhaka
6. Block "F" Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering Administration Office Accounts Section House No. 49/C Road No. 4/A, Dhanmondi, Dhaka
7. Block "G" Department of Law and Human Rights (L&HR) House No. 74, Road No. 5/A, Dhanmondi, Dhaka
8. Block "H" Central Library House No. 69/B, Road No. 6/A, Dhanmondi, Dhaka
9. Block "I" Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering House No. 51/1, Road No. 4/A, Dhanmondi, Dhaka
The buildings are just off the main Satmasjid Road and have lake site views. The campus offers idyllic environment for an academic institution. Plenty of open spaces are available around the campus for the students to move about for the rest and recreation.
The permanent City Campus is under construction at 74/A Green Road.
- University of Asia Pacific
- ARCHSOCIETY (Born in the lab of "The Department of Architecture" at "The University of Asia Pacific"