The series, created by Donald Bull, had started out as an edition of Drama Playhouse in 1972 before being commissioned as an ongoing series. The Venturers took place in the high pressure world of Prince's Merchant Bank and dealt with the intricacies of high finance amongst its millionaire clients.
Geoffrey Keen starred as director Gerald Lang, in a virtual reprise of his role as oil executive Brian Stead in Mogul / The Troubleshooters. Other major cast members included James Kerry, David Buck, Cyril Luckham and William Squire.
The Venturers lasted for a single series of ten episodes.
- Geoffrey Keen as Gerald Lang
- David Buck as Tom Prince
- James Kerry as David Ayrton
- Karin MacCarthy as Dorothy Ayrton
- Hugh Manning as Freddie Pander
- Cyril Luckham as Lord Kilvern
- William Squire as Sir George Fielding
|This article related to a BBC television programme is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|