The Venus Project
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (March 2014)|
The Venus Project logo
|Motto||Beyond Politics, Poverty and War|
|Purpose||'Redesign of culture'|
The Venus Project organization was founded by Jacque Fresco. It advocates what it calls a resource-based economy. This idea has Fresco's versions of sustainable development, energy efficiency, natural resource management, and advanced automation in a global socioeconomic system based on social cooperation and scientific methodology.
The Venus Project was founded in 1995 as a for-profit corporation by Jacque Fresco and Roxanne Meadows in Venus, Florida.
Fresco lectures his ideas and gives tours of the Venus Project location. The term "resource based economy" is used by the Venus Project to describe a hypothetical economic system in which goods, services, and information are free. Fresco says the Earth has enough resources for all and the practice of distributing resources through a price system method is irrelevant and counterproductive to survival.
- "Detail by Entity Name: THE VENUS PROJECT, INC.". Division of Corporations. Florida Department of State. Retrieved 2014-01-21. "Florida Profit Corporation"
- "Detail by Entity Name". Search.sunbiz.org. Retrieved 2013-12-15.
- Newman, Alex (March 10, 2011). "Zeitgeist and the Venus Project". The New American. Retrieved January 29, 2014.
- "Resource Based Economy". Thevenusproject.com. 2013-12-01. Retrieved 2013-12-15.
- Home :: The Artivist Film Festival, October 2008, archived from the original on 2008-10-21, retrieved 27 August 2012, "Presenting The 2008 Artivist Award Winners! "ZEITGEIST ADDENDUM" Director: Peter Joseph. Best Feature – Artivist Spirit Award"
- TZMOfficialChannel. "Zeitgeist: Moving Forward (Official Release 2011)". YouTube. Retrieved 2014-01-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Venus Project.|