The Venus Project
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2014)|
The Venus Project logo
|Motto||Beyond Politics Poverty and War|
|Purpose||'Redesign of culture'|
The Venus Project corporation was incorporated by Jacque Fresco in 1995 to advocate a theoretical economic system, what it calls a resource-based economy. This idea has versions of sustainable development, energy efficiency, natural resource management, and advanced automation in a global construct.
The 2011 documentary-style films Zeitgeist: Addendum and Zeitgeist: Moving Forward focus on ideas from the Venus Project though the two groups split from each other as far as supporting one another after the movies mentioned were made.
The Venus Project was founded in 1995 as a for-profit corporation by Fresco and Roxanne Meadows in Venus, Florida.
- Newman, Alex (March 10, 2011). "Zeitgeist and the Venus Project". The New American. Retrieved January 29, 2014.
- Home :: The Artivist Film Festival, October 2008, archived from the original on 2008-10-21, retrieved 27 August 2012,
Presenting The 2008 Artivist Award Winners! "ZEITGEIST ADDENDUM" Director: Peter Joseph. Best Feature – Artivist Spirit Award
- TZMOfficialChannel. "Zeitgeist: Moving Forward (Official Release 2011)". YouTube. Retrieved 2014-01-26.
- "Detail by Entity Name: THE VENUS PROJECT, INC.". Division of Corporations. Florida Department of State. Retrieved 2014-01-21.
Florida Profit Corporation
- "Detail by Entity Name". Search.sunbiz.org. Retrieved 2013-12-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Venus Project.|