The Venus Project
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2014)|
The Venus Project logo
|Motto||Beyond Politics, Poverty and War|
|Purpose||'Redesign of culture'|
The Venus Project organization was incorporated by Jacque Fresco. It advocates what it calls a resource-based economy. This idea has versions of sustainable development, energy efficiency, natural resource management, and advanced automation in a global socioeconomic system based on social cooperation and scientific methodology.
The Venus Project was founded in 1995 as a for-profit corporation by Fresco and Roxanne Meadows in Venus, Florida.
Fresco lectures his ideas and gives tours of the Venus Project location.
The documentary-style films Zeitgeist: Addendum and Zeitgeist: Moving Forward focus on ideas from the Venus Project though the two groups split from each other as far as supporting one another after the movies mentioned were made.
- "Detail by Entity Name: THE VENUS PROJECT, INC.". Division of Corporations. Florida Department of State. Retrieved 2014-01-21.
Florida Profit Corporation
- "Detail by Entity Name". Search.sunbiz.org. Retrieved 2013-12-15.
- Newman, Alex (March 10, 2011). "Zeitgeist and the Venus Project". The New American. Retrieved January 29, 2014.
- Home :: The Artivist Film Festival, October 2008, archived from the original on 2008-10-21, retrieved 27 August 2012,
Presenting The 2008 Artivist Award Winners! "ZEITGEIST ADDENDUM" Director: Peter Joseph. Best Feature – Artivist Spirit Award
- TZMOfficialChannel. "Zeitgeist: Moving Forward (Official Release 2011)". YouTube. Retrieved 2014-01-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Venus Project.|