The Vincent Lopez Show
|The Vincent Lopez Show|
|Starring||Vincent Lopez (conductor)
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||15 minutes (1949-1950)
30 minutes (1957)
|Original channel||DuMont (1949-1950)
|Original run||March 7, 1949– March 9, 1957|
The series ran from 1949 to 1950 on DuMont and from February to March 1957 on CBS. Lopez also hosted a 30-minute DuMont series Dinner Date, which aired live from the Grill Room at the Hotel Taft in New York City, Saturdays at 8pm ET from January to July 1950.
From March to May 1949, the show aired from 6:45 to 7pm ET every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday on most DuMont affiliates. From May to July 1949, the series aired Monday through Friday in the same time slot. From July 1949 to June 1950, the series aired Monday through Friday from 7:30 to 7:45pm ET. Music programs aired in a 15-minute time-slot were common at the time.
Six years later, Lopez hosted a similar program on CBS Television. The DuMont version featured notable performers including Ray Barr, Lee Russell, Barry Valentino, and Ann Warren, all series regulars. Dinner Date also featured guest stars such as Cab Calloway, Arthur Tracy, and Woody Herman.
A single kinescope of a 1950 episode survives at the UCLA Film and Television Archive.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- 1949-50 United States network television schedule
- Dinner Date (January to July 1950) also hosted by Lopez
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1