The Walk (Sawyer Brown song)
|Single by Sawyer Brown|
|from the album Buick|
|Released||June 25, 1991|
|Sawyer Brown singles chronology|
"The Walk" is a song written by Mark Miller, and recorded by American country music band Sawyer Brown. It was released in June 1991 as the third and final single from their album Buick. It peaked at number 2 in the United States, and number 5 in Canada. It is also included on their 1992 album The Dirt Road.
The song is a ballad in which the song's narrator tells about his life through walking. In the first verse, he is a boy who is reluctant to walk down the driveway to the school bus and go to school, until he is comforted by his father. In the second verse, the narrator is again comforted by his father after becoming an adult and going out into the world alone. By the third verse, the father is now very old and they are both walking down the driveway. The son is walking his father to a nursing home. The father understands because he too had to walk his father down the driveway. It is a song about cycles.
The music video was directed by Michael Salomon, and it is entirely in black and white.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||4|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||18|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||46|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 1670." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. November 9, 1991. Retrieved August 16, 2013.
- "Sawyer Brown Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Sawyer Brown.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1991". RPM. December 21, 1991. Retrieved August 16, 2013.
- "Best of 1991: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1991. Retrieved August 16, 2013.