|Genres||Dance-pop, pop, Eurodance|
|Labels||Geffen, Island, Mercury|
The Wanted are an English-Irish boy band consisting of members Max George, Siva Kaneswaran, Jay McGuiness, Tom Parker and Nathan Sykes. They formed in 2009 and were signed worldwide to Universal Music subsidiaries Island Records and Mercury Records, and managed by Scooter Braun.
Their debut album, The Wanted, was released on 25 October 2010 and peaked at number four on the UK Singles Chart. The album spawned three UK top 20 singles: their debut single "All Time Low", which debuted at number one, "Heart Vacancy", which reached number two, and "Lose My Mind", which peaked at number 19. Follow-up album Battleground saw release on 4 November 2011 and hit number five in the UK and number four in Ireland. The lead single from the album, "Gold Forever", was released in aid of Comic Relief and reached number three in the UK. Their second number-one hit, "Glad You Came", topped the singles chart in the United Kingdom for two weeks, and in Ireland for five weeks. The third and fourth singles "Lightning" and "Warzone" hit number two and number 21, respectively, in the UK.
In early 2012, The Wanted began to see success in the United States and Canada, with their hit single "Glad You Came" selling 3 million copies in the US and hitting number three on the Billboard Hot 100 and number two on the Canadian Hot 100. Additionally, their follow-up singles "Chasing the Sun" and "I Found You" reached the top spot on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs chart.
In 2013, it was announced that the group would be starring in their very own reality series on E! entitled The Wanted Life. The series would document the group's stay in Los Angeles while they recorded their third worldwide album and prepare for a world tour, as well as their day-to-day antics. The show promised an honest glimpse into the lives of the band members.
As of November 2013, The Wanted have sold over 9 million singles worldwide.
- 1 History
- 2 Members
- 3 Discography
- 4 Media
- 5 Tours
- 6 Filmography
- 7 Awards and nominations
- 8 Controversy
- 9 References
- 10 External links
2009–2010: Formation and debut album
The Wanted were formed in 2009 through mass auditions held by Jayne Collins, who also put together The Saturdays and Parade. The audition process, which saw more than 1,000 people attend, took over nine months. Originally just George, Parker and Sykes were involved, with Kaneswaran and McGuiness joining later through the process. The group revealed in their autobiography that after they were informed of the line-up, seven more people were re-auditioned before they were signed to Maximum Artist Management and Geffen Records.
The group were credited with co-writing five of the thirteen tracks on the album. On 25 July 2010, they released their debut single, "All Time Low". The song was co-written by Steve Mac (who also produced it), Wayne Hector and Ed Drewett. It hit number one in the UK and spent 17 weeks in the UK top 40. The second single "Heart Vacancy", again written with Hector, was released on 17 October 2010. It peaked at number two on the UK Singles Chart. The group's third single from the album was "Lose My Mind" which reached number 19 on the UK Singles Chart following a performance on The X Factor. The group's eponymous debut album was released on 25 October 2010 which peaked at number four in the UK and has since been certified Platinum in the UK. Between 28 March and 15 April 2010, the group embarked on the fifteen date "Behind Bars" theatre tour which saw them play in twelve UK cities. They were supported by Lawson, Twenty Twenty and Starboy Nathan.
2011–12: Battleground, The Wanted: The EP and international breakthrough
In January 2011, the group began to work on their second studio album. The album featured writing credits from the band members on ten of the fifteen tracks, as well as contributions from Steve Mac, Wayne Hector, Ed Drewett, Diane Warren and Guy Chambers. The album's lead single, "Gold Forever", was released in aid of Comic Relief and debuted at number three on the UK Singles Chart. In July 2011, the group released the album's second single, "Glad You Came", which became their second number-one single, staying there for two weeks, and in the top ten of the chart for six weeks. The single also reached number one in Ireland and remained there for five weeks. The song also charted in some European territories, and was very successful in Australia. The third single from the album, "Lightning", was released on 16 October 2011, peaking at number 2 in the UK and number 5 in Ireland. The fourth single, "Warzone", was released on 26 December 2011, with the music video and radio debut coming in early November 2011. On 7 November 2011, the group's second album Battleground was released. It debuted at number 5 in the UK and number 4 in Ireland. It has since been certified Platinum in the UK. In addition to shows in the United Kingdom including T4 on the Beach, V Festival and the iTunes Festival, the group supported Canadian singer Justin Bieber in Brazil on 8 and 9 October 2011 and also supported Britney Spears on her Femme Fatale Tour at the Manchester Evening News Arena on 6 November 2011.
Between 15 February and 9 March 2012, the group embarked on "The Code" tour, to promote the release of the album. The 16-date arena tour saw the group play in thirteen cities in England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland and Northern Ireland. Known as #TheCodeTour, each concert featured an interactive element that linked to the group's official Facebook and Twitter pages.
In a bid to break into the United States market, The Wanted went on a short promotional radio and club tour of the United States, touring between 17 January to 8 February 2012. The success of the 10-date tour led to the group's official release of their debut American single, "Glad You Came". It peaked at number three on the Billboard Hot 100 and has since sold over 3 million copies there. Their debut American EP, The Wanted: The EP, was released in April 2012, debuting at number seven in the US and number eight in Canada. "Chasing the Sun" was been released as the band's second official single there, peaking at number 50 on the BillboardHot 100 whilst also reaching number one on the Hot Dance Club Songs chart. "Chasing the Sun" was released on 21 May 2012. On 22 May 2012, the band opened and performed at the first Q102's Springle Ball concert. On 14 June 2012 the band performed a concert at New York City's Beacon Theater, which was also broadcast live on music television station Fuse. The group visited Australia and New Zealand for the promotion of their extended play in August 2012. Following their promotional tour of Australia, the group headed to the US for a number of promotional concerts.
2012–13: Word of Mouth, The Wanted Life and world tour
The Wanted began working on their third studio album shortly after the release of Battleground on 4 November 2011. In May 2012, "Chasing the Sun" was released as the album's lead single, and the third single from the band's The Wanted: The EP in the United States. Around this time, the band also premiered a brand new track called "Satellite", which was co-written by Ryan Tedder of OneRepublic. In August 2012, the band filmed a music video in Los Angeles, reportedly for their brand new single, "I Found You". However, when the video for "I Found You" was released in October 2012, it was a different one. The band later revealed that they had reshot the video in London, not being satisfied with the first one. The original was later released as the "fan version" on VEVO. "I Found You" was released on 5 November 2012 as the album's second single.
The band confirmed in September 2012 that the album would contain a number of collaborations, including tracks with Pitbull, LMFAO, Chris Brown, Rita Ora and Dappy. In November 2012, the band revealed that the album had been pushed back from the original release of 3 December 2012 to February 2013 at their request; the reason stated for this delay was to perfect the album, and "tweak out a few insecurities involving certain tracks". It was confirmed that the album would feature a track co-written by fellow label-mate Justin Bieber.
In early February 2013, it was announced that The Wanted would star in their own reality series called The Wanted Life which premiered internationally in Autumn 2013. The show is produced by Ryan Seacrest. In the United States, it premiered on E! on 2 June 2013.
In April 2013, the band announced the release of the third single from their third album, titled "Walks like Rihanna", named after Barbadian singer Rihanna. It was released on 23 June 2013 and debuted and peaked at number 4 on the UK Singles Chart. On 9 September 2013, the band announced that their new album Word of Mouth would be released on 4 November. It was preceded by the release of "We Own the Night" and "Show Me Love (America)".
Maximillian Alberto "Max" George grew up with his family in Manchester. Before music, he had been a football player with Preston North End and was on the verge of signing a two-year deal with them, whilst he has been a Manchester City supporter since a young age. Previously he was a member of Avenue, a five-piece boy band made up of himself, Jonathan Lloyd, Scott Clarke, Ross Candy and Jamie Tinkler. They entered the third series of The X Factor in 2006 and made it to Louis Walsh's bootcamp, but media reports exposed that Avenue had not strictly adhered to the rules, having been signed by an earlier X Factor music director to a deal. They were banned from participation for having professional representation rather than being specifically formed for the competition. Avenue admitted they had failed to duly report their engagements and George admitted it was "not The X Factor's fault" in the video showing their disqualification in Walsh's office. With Andy Brown joining as a member of Avenue replacing Jamie Tinkler, the band went on to have some success beyond their X Factor appearances with their debut single "Last Goodbye", reaching number 50 on the UK Singles Chart. They had a follow up release with "Can You Feel It?". Avenue disbanded in April 2009. In 2008, while still a member of Avenue, George appeared naked on cover of British gay magazine AXM's "Naked Issue" in support of cancer research.
George was engaged to actress Michelle Keegan after meeting her at one of The Wanted's concerts, but revealed in April 2012 that the engagement had been broken off. Eventually, the couple admitted in July 2012 that they had split for good.
Nathan James Sykes is known as "the baby" of the group. He grew up in Abbeydale, Gloucester with his mother, who is a music teacher, and younger sister Jessica. He started singing and performing at the age of six and attended the prestigious Sylvia Young Theatre School from the age of 11. After completing his GCSEs and graduating from Sylvia Young, he returned to Gloucester to attend sixth form at the selective Ribston Hall High School; however he did not manage to complete his A-levels due to band commitments.
Sykes continued to perform as a child singer, winning various competitions including "Britney Spears's Karaoke Kriminals" in 2003, in which he got to kiss Britney Spears on live TV as part of his prize, and The Cheltenham Competitive Festival of Dramatic Art, also in 2003. He appeared on ITV's Ministry of Mayhem in 2004, and won the Door Youth Project's "Undiscovered Youth Talent Contest" held in Derker, performing "Mack the Knife". He also performed for the "Live and Unsigned" Music Competition in Bristol in 2008.
Sykes attempted to represent UK in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2004 held in Lillehammer, Norway. In the British qualifying finals, he sang "Born to Dance" coming 3rd overall, after winner Cory Spedding and runner-up Andrew Merry.
In April 2013, it was announced that after being on voice rest for almost a month, Sykes would have to undergo specialist throat surgery in Los Angeles, California on his 20th birthday. His exact condition was not reported, however, several tabloids addressed the situation saying Sykes was suffering from a vocal cord hemorrhage. The band announced that they would continue their promotional commitments without Sykes for the time being in order for him to have enough time to properly recover from the surgery. This time off was seen as an 'unforeseen hiatus.' The full statement from the band's rep was released as:
"We can confirm that The Wanted's Nathan Sykes will under go specialist throat surgery on Thursday 18 April in Los Angeles and as such will be taking unforeseen hiatus form The Wanted. The priority for Nathan, his label and management is that he is given time to recover and receive the best treatment possible. The remaining four members of The Wanted will continue fulfilling the bands promotional commitments across the world." 
It was confirmed that Sykes' break would be temporary and he would join the rest of the band later in 2013 when his voice recovered, however, the length of the healing process was unknown. The band were due to be recording their third album and were in the midst of planning a world tour.
Later in June 2013 The Wanted opened the 2013 Capital FM Summertime Ball with the return of Sykes. The Wanted treated 80,000 fans with the first few songs without Sykes present, only to welcome back Sykes during their performance of I Found You. Sykes rose from the middle of the stage to surprise everyone with his famous solo in 'I Found You'. After the song was finished he declared, "It feels so good to be back", and shared an embrace with his bandmates at the close of the song. After the performance, the band and Sykes tweeted the hashtag #NathanIsBack followed with Sykes saying I'm back. His comeback performance was critically acclaimed.
Following his return to the band, Sykes confirmed that he would be joining the rest of his bandmates for their upcoming summer gigs and events, while also stating that he still has some recovering to do. Speaking with Heart Radio for an interview, Sykes told the audience: "I'm not quite fully recovered yet but it's quite a long process. I'm at the stage where I can sing and get back with the lads, so I'm very excited to be back and I'm working very hard for a change." In an interview following the band's gig at Wembley Stadium, his fellow band member Max said that "it feels pretty awesome" to have Sykes back on stage with them, followed by: "We have a lot less to do now that he's back, because he's quite heavy with the vocals, which is cool for the rest of us." As part of the recovery process, it has been reported that Sykes still has to undergo speech and vocal therapy in order to sing with his full vocal range without causing any more damage to it.
The band's reality show The Wanted Life documented Sykes' vocal struggles and gave viewers an insight into the physical and emotional difficulties Sykes endured for several months of not being able to fully contribute to the band during a very crucial time. The show also followed Sykes on his path to recovery as he worked hard to train his voice and get ready for a highly anticipated return.
In August 2013, Sykes' duet with Ariana Grande "Almost Is Never Enough" was released on The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones soundtrack, with an extended version featured on Grande's debut album Yours Truly. Being Sykes' first studio recording since his surgery, it was greatly lauded by fellow artists on Twitter, with Ed Sheeran tweeting "that boy can SANG [sic]" in reference to Sykes' vocals, as well as Marvin and Rochelle Humes of JLS and The Saturdays, respectively, and Alexander DeLeon of The Cab, among others, tweeting their praise for the track and Sykes' vocals in particular.
In September 2013, Sykes announced on Twitter that he was in a relationship with Ariana Grande, which confirmed weeks of speculation surrounding the new couple. Both Grande and Sykes thanked their fans for being supportive and expressed their happiness.
Siva Micheal Kaneswaran grew up in Blanchardstown, Dublin with his Sri Lankan Tamil father, Irish mother, twin brother Kumar, and six other siblings. Kaneswaran started modelling at 16 and appeared in various ads and landed a contract with Storm Model Management. Kaneswaran took part in Rock Rivals, televised in eight episodes between 5 March and 23 April 2008. His brother took part as well. Kaneswaran played the role of Carson Coombs and his brother that of Caleb Coombs. The brothers also appeared briefly in one episode of Uncle Max. The episode "Uncle Max Plays Tennis" aired on 11 July 2008. Kaneswaran was spotted through his modelling campaigns and recruited as a result for the band. He is the younger brother of former Dove member and former Popstars: The Rivals contestant Hazel Kaneswaren.
On 9 December 2013, Siva declared his engagement to his girlfriend of six years, Nareesha McCaffrey after asking her to marry him in a romantic proposal. The singer exclusively tells Hello (magazine) how after discovering shoe designer Nareesha was about to spring a surprise family birthday party for him, he stunned her by secretly turning the event into a surprise engagement party for her instead. After enlisting the help of her close family, Siva got down on bended knee with a three carat diamond solitaire ring he'd had specially designed, and asked her to be his wife. "I said to her I wanted a present I would always remember this year by… for you to be my wife," smitten Siva told HELLO!. "It was like a military operation to plan the proposal. I couldn’t even tell the other boys in the band in case they blew the surprise. "I'm still in shock," says a beaming Nareesha, who almost made Siva faint when she initially said no to his proposal, accepting it later "I don't like surprises and he really surprised me, but I was so happy. I can't wait to start planning the wedding." 
James Kevin "Jay" McGuiness grew up in Newark, Nottinghamshire. He attended All Saints RC School, Mansfield. At the age of 13, McGuiness went to Charlotte Hamilton School of Dance. He has a non-identical twin brother called Tom and three other siblings.
Thomas Anthony "Tom" Parker is the oldest member of the band. He grew up in Bolton. Parker learned to play the guitar at the age of sixteen after trying out his older brother's. He then went on to audition for The X Factor but did not get past the first round. He went to Manchester Metropolitan University and studied Geography, but dropped out in pursuit of a professional singing career. Parker joined a Take That tribute band known as Take That II and toured Northern England, before joining The Wanted in 2009.
He has been dating his actress girlfriend, Kelsey Hardwick since 2011.
- Studio albums
- The Wanted (2012)
The group run a weekly online podcast, #WantedWednesday, featuring backstage footage, social activities and exclusive performances.
In 2012, the group launched a fan interactive site entitled Wanted World where the fans could get exclusive access to new videos, merchandise, VIP tour tickets, live web chats and more. The group called the website "The Ultimate Fan Experience." In order to gain full platinum membership, fans would have to pay ₤100 per year and for a gold membership only ₤40 per year. Since 2013, fans have been able to buy a ₤5 monthly membership that gives them equal access to exclusive content like the gold membership would.
The Behind Bars Tour was the band's first theatre tour which sold out within weeks of going on sale. It began on 26 March 2011 and concluded on until 15 April. The tour featured 12 different cities with a total of sixteen dates.
|The Behind Bars Tour|
|26 March 2011||Rhyl||Pavilion|
|28 March 2011||Manchester||O2 Apollo|
|29 March 2011||Manchester||O2 Apollo|
|30 March 2011||Newcastle||City Hall|
|1 April 2011||Brighton||Brighton Centre|
|2 April 2011||Nottingham||Royal Concert Hall|
|3 April 2011||Cardiff||Motorpoint Arena|
|5 April 2011||Plymouth||Pavilions|
|6 April 2011||London||HMV Hammersmith Apollo|
|7 April 2011||London||HMV Hammersmith Apollo|
|9 April 2011||Bournemouth||International centre|
|10 April 2011||Sheffield||City Hall|
|11 April 2011||Wolverhampton||Civic Hall|
|13 April 2011||Glasgow||Clyde Auditorium|
|14 April 2011||Glasgow||Clyde Auditorium|
|15 April 2011||Edinburgh||Playhouse|
It was announced on Friday 16 December 2011 that the group would embark on their first US tour, with 10 dates to be held over January and February 2012.
|The Wanted US Tour|
|17 January 2012||Orlando, Florida||The Social|
|20 January 2012||Washington, D.C.||Rock 'N' Roll Hotel|
|22 January 2012||New York City, New York||Irving Plaza|
|24 January 2012||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania||Theatre of Living Arts|
|26 January 2012||Chicago, Illinois||Bottom Lounge|
|27 January 2012||Minneapolis, Minnesota||Fine Line|
|31 January 2012||Dallas, Texas||Prophet Bar|
|2 February 2012||Salt Lake City, Utah||Club Soung|
|7 February 2012||San Diego, California||House of Blues|
|8 February 2012||Los Angeles, California||The Roxy|
The Wanted announced that they would embark on their first arena tour across the UK and Ireland in February and March 2012. Known as The Code Tour and T.W.A.T., each concert features an interactive element that links to their official Facebook and Twitter pages.
|The Code Tour|
|15 February 2012||Nottingham||Capital FM Arena|
|17 February 2012||Manchester||Evening News Arena|
|18 February 2012||Sheffield||Motorpoint Arena|
|20 February 2012||Brighton||Brighton Centre|
|23 February 2012||Cardiff||Motorpoint Arena|
|24 February 2012||Liverpool||Echo Arena|
|25 February 2012||Newcastle||Metro Radio Arena|
|27 February 2012||Glasgow||S.E.C.C|
|28 February 2012||Aberdeen||A.E.C.C|
|1 March 2012||Birmingham||LG Arena|
|2 March 2012||Bournemouth||International Centre|
|3 March 2012||London||The O2 Arena|
|5 March 2012||Brighton||The Brighton Centre|
|6 March 2012||Bournemouth||International Centre|
|8 March 2012||Belfast||Odyssey Arena|
|9 March 2012||Dublin||The O2|
|2013||Chasing The Saturdays||Themselves||1 Episode: #DeepFriedSats|
|The Wanted Life||Themselves||TV series|
Awards and nominations
|2010||The Wanted||Virgin Media Music Awards||Best Newcomer||Nominated|||
|4Music Awards||Hottest Boys||Won|||
|Biggest Breakthrough||Won|||
|"All Time Low"||Best Video||Nominated|||
|2011||Brit Awards||Best British Single||Nominated|||
|The Wanted||Arqiva Awards||Best Breakthrough||Won|||
|BBC Radio 1 Teen Awards||Best British Music Act||Won|||
|2012||"Glad You Came"||Brit Awards||Best British Single||Nominated|||
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Summer Song||Nominated|
|The Wanted||Choice Music: Breakout Group||Nominated|
|Choice Summer Music Star: Group||Nominated|
|Choice Music Group||Nominated|
|MTV Video Music Awards||Best New Artist||Nominated|
|American Music Awards||Favorite Band, Duo Or Group||Nominated|
|2013||People's Choice Awards||Favorite Breakout Artist||Won|||
|Virgin Media Music Awards||Best Group||Won|||
|Canadian Radio Music Awards||International Group Of The Year||Nominated|
|Nickelodeon UK Kids' Choice Awards||Favourite UK Band||Nominated|
|Radio Disney Music Awards||Best Music Group||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Music Group||Nominated|
|Choice TV Male Reality Star||Nominated|
On 25 July 2013 the group was spoken to by police after champagne was thrown out of a hotel window, soaking poet Todd Swift. a police statement said "Police were called at around 12.20pm on Thursday, July 25, to a report of a man having been verbally threatened and having had a liquid substance thrown over him at a hotel in Marylebone."
- Ingham, James (15 December 2013). "The Wanted dumped by record label after third album massively flops". Daily Star (London). Archived from the original on 15 December 2015.
- "UK Charts > The Wanted". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2 September 2011.
- "The Wanted Make Fun Of Their Manager Scooter Braun".
- "Irish Charts > The Wanted". irish-charts.com Hung Medien. Retrieved 2 September 2011.
- "The Wanted's New Reality Show Premieres". antiMusic. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- Griffiths, Emmy (28 October 2013). "X Factor performance costs The Wanted £250,000". sofeminine.co.uk. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- "MTV > The Wanted". MTV UK. Retrieved 2 September 2011.
- "Interview with The Wanted". Voice21. Retrieved 2 September 2011.
- "Music - Interview - The Wanted". Digital Spy. Retrieved 3 September 2011.
- "The Wanted record official song for Comic Relief". BBC Online. Retrieved 3 September 2011.
- "The Wanted coming to New Zealand - Story - Entertainment". 3 News.
- Daw, Robbie (7 September 2012). "The Wanted’s "I Found You": Hear Their New Single". Idolator.com. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- "The Wanted Tease 'Insane' LMFAO Collabos". MTV.com. 21 August 2012. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- Wilkinson, Sophie (2012-07-16). "The Wanted "We’ll turn down Rita Ora songs if they’re not good enough"". heatworld.com. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Dappy reveals all the details about new The Wanted collaboration 'Bring It Home'". Sugarscape. 30 November 2011. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- "The Wanted to star in 'The Wanted Life' reality series on E!". Reality TV World. 6 February. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (16 April 2013). "'The Wanted Life' to Premiere Sunday, June 2 on E!". TV by the Numbers. Zap2it. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- "The Wanted confirm new single 'Walks Like Rihanna' - listen". Digital Spy. 26 April 2013. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- Rigby, Sam (7 October 2013). "The Wanted announce 'Word of Mouth' 2014 world tour". Digital Spy (Hearst Magazines UK). Retrieved 16 November 2013.
- "ChicagoPride.com interview with Max George". Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "The Wanted hit Scotland and release their debut album". STV. Retrieved 3 September 2011.
- "Louis' X-Factor boys make return". metro.co.uk. Retrieved 3 September 2011.]
- "Avenue's audition including George to The X Factor in 2006". Youtube.com. 10 September 2006.
- Nathan, Sara (9 September 2006). "Band is Avenue all on...". The Sun (London). Retrieved 8 December 2008.
- Samson, Pete (7 October 2006). "Exclusive: Avenue axed from X Factor". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 8 December 2008.
- "Avenue boy band kicked off Simon Cowell's British 'The X Factor' show". Reality TW World. 26 September 2006. Retrieved 8 December 2008.
- "Louis Walsh disqualifying Avenue from The X Factor competition".
- "AXM Naked Issue cover featuring Max George of Avenue". Wowwow.me. 12 September 2010.
- "Sombre Michelle Keegan cuts a glum figure as Max George reveals pair have called off their engagement". Daily Mail. 11 April 2012.
- "The Wanted: Official Website: The Band: Sykes". Thewantedmusic.com. Retrieved 21 September 2010.
- "''Stroud News and Journal'': Nathan Sykes from The Wanted won Stroud talent show". Stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk. 11 August 2010.
- "''This is Oldham'': As a young boy Nathan Sykes would dream of stardom". Thisisgloucestershire.co.uk. 3 May 2011.
- "''This is Oldham'': Oldham teenager aims for the stars with boy band The Wanted". Thisisgloucestershire.co.uk. 19 July 2010.
- "Clock Face singing "Born to Dance" at the British qualifying round to the Junior Eurovision Song Contest". Youtube.com. 31 May 2012.
- "Vocal fold nodule". Wikipedia. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- Billboard Staff. "The Wanted's Nathan Sykes to Undergo Vocal Surgery". Billboard. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "Nathan Sykes To Undergo Throat Surgery, Forcing Him To Leave The Wanted For 'Foreseeable Future'". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "The Wanted Open Summertime Ball 2013 With Return Of Nathan Sykes". capitalfm.com. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- "Chester Rocks 2013 The Wanted". heartnews. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- "The Wanted's Nathan Sykes Back After Surgery". Sky News. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- "The Wanted's Nathan Sykes undergoes vocal rehab". Press Party. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- "The Wanted Life". Wikipedia. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- Twitter / edsheeran: @alexanderdeleon @NathanTheWanted
- Twitter / MarvinHumes: @RochelleTheSats @NathanTheWanted
- Twitter / RochelleTheSats: Ohhh jeeezzz when I watched
- Twitter / alexanderdeleon: man.. all me and @edsheeran
- Sykes, Nathan. "Nathan's Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- Industry Music Group Booking Agent. "The Wanted | Industry Music Group - Live Artist Booking Agency / Agent The X Factor & Britain's Got Talent (BGT)". Industry Music Group. Retrieved 21 September 2010.
- "The Wanted: Official Website: The Band: Siva". Thewantedmusic.com. 16 December 1988. Retrieved 21 September 2010.
- IMDb page on Siva Kaneswaran
- Wood, Beci (27 April 2010). "Beci Wood article in ''The Sun'': The Wanted are on the ball". Thesun.co.uk.
- "James McGuiness". thewantedmusic.com. Retrieved 19 June 2011.
- "Notts Most Wanted: Jay McGuiness".
- "Screaming girls greet singer who goes back to school". Newark Advertiser. 23 July 2010. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- "Screensavers - Jay McGuiness".
- Dawson, Kim (7 December 2010). "The Wanted: Jay McGuiness's brother is a wanted man". Daily Star (London: Northern & Shell). Retrieved 7 December 2010.
- "The Wanted have a scream at Manchester show".
- "Alastair Campbell in a spin as charity match turns ugly". The Daily Telegraph (London). 5 June 2011.
- "Who are the members of "take that 2"".
- The Wanted. "Wanted World". Universal Music. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "The Wanted Tour Dates Announced".
- "The Wanted Tour Dates Announced".
- "The Wanted Tour-Lightning". YouTube. 28 March 2011.
- "The Wanted Concert Setlist".
- "Virgin Media Music Awards - Best Newcomer". Virgin Media. Retrieved 11 February 2011.
- "Virgin Media Music Awards - Best Group". Virgin Media. Retrieved 11 February 2011.
- "4 Music Video Honours". Industry Music Group. 26 October 2010. Retrieved 11 February 2011.
- "BRIT Awards 2011: Cheryl Cole, Matt Cardle, The Wanted and Katy Perry all nominated". OK! Magazine. Northern and Shell Media. 13 January 2011. Retrieved 11 February 2011.
- "The Arqiva awards 2011".
- "BBC - Teen Awards - 2011 - Winners".
- Millar, Paul (12 January 2012). "Brit Awards 2012 nominations: Florence + the Machine, Coldplay, more". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- "People's Choice Awards 2013 Nominees - PeoplesChoice.com". CBS. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- "The Wanted win best group award". Independent.ie. 13 February 2013. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- Eyewear: Report Of The Assault By The Boy Band Known As The Wanted
- The Wanted 'throw champagne over poet Todd Swift', police called - Celebrity News - Digital Spy
- The Wanted run into trouble with the police after drenching poet with champagne from their hotel balcony | the juice - Yahoo omg! UK
- Police Called After The Wanted 'Accused Of Throwing Champagne From A Hotel Window' - Celebrity Gossip, News & Photos, Movie Reviews, Competitions - Entertainmentwise
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Wanted (band).|