The Water Tower Bucket Boys
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010)|
|The Water Tower Bucket Boys|
|Genres||Bluegrass, old-time, Indie Folk|
|Years active||2006 – 2012|
The Water Tower Bucket Boys was a bluegrass and old-time band from Portland, Oregon. They formed in 2005 and self released three full length albums and two EPs. Their last recent album Sole Kitchen was produced and recorded by Mike Herrera of Tumbledown and MxPx and featured all original songs, including Blackbird Pickin' At A Squirrel with guest vocals from Mike. The band performed live on NPR's West Coast Live and RTE1's Pat Kenney Show and recorded sessions for Mark Lamarr's program on BBC 2 on their 2009 and 2010 tours of the UK. In 2009 they were picked by Chuck Ragan of Hot Water Music to appear on a portion of the Revival Tour and their song Wide Open Spaces was selected for inclusion on the 2009 Tour Compilation. The band played notable festivals such as the Open House Festival, the Pickathon, the San Francisco Bluegrass and Old-Time Festival, and Seattle's Folklife Festival. They have performed on stage with artists as diverse as Frank Turner, Kitty, Daisy, and Lewis, Chuck Ragan, the Crooked Jades, and the Foghorn Stringband, and shared bills with groups ranging from Hayseed Dixie to Old Crow Medicine Show.
In late 2011 banjo player Cory Goldman left the band, and the band changed their name to Water Tower.
In March 2013, Josh Rabie announced that he was leaving the band to pursue other interests.
- Cory Goldman – banjo, guitar, vocals
- Kenny Feinstein – guitar, mandolin, harmonica, fiddle, vocals
- Josh Rabie – fiddle, guitar, harmonica, mandolin, vocals
- Gordon Keepers – bass
- The Squid and the Fiddle (self-released, 2008)
- Catfish on the Line (self-released, 2009)
- EEL-P (self-released, 2009)
- Sole Kitchen (self-released, 2010)
- "Where The Crow Don't Fly" (self-released, 2011)
- "''Sole Kitchen'' at CDUniverse". Cduniverse.com. April 19, 2011. Retrieved January 17, 2012.
- "West Coast Live 2009 Archives"
- "BBC Music – Water Tower Bucket Boys". BBC. Retrieved January 17, 2012.
- "Backroads Music Artist Schedule". Backroadsmusic.co.uk. September 27, 2011. Retrieved January 17, 2012.
- Posted by Abe (November 2, 2009). "Revival Tour 2009 Show Review". Theinkflowslikewine.com. Retrieved January 17, 2012.
- "Revival Tour 2009 Compilation at Vinyl Collective"[dead link]
- PICKATHON 2011. "Pickathon 2010 Artist Page". Pickathon.com. Retrieved January 17, 2012.
- "SFBOT 2010 Website". Sfbluegrass.org. Retrieved January 17, 2012.
- "Folklife 2010 Schedule"[dead link]
Reviews and press
- "No Depression" – New CD from alt-old-time band
- "The Music Critic" – Sole Kitchen Review
- "The Line Of Best Fit" – Sole Kitchen Review
- "Fiddle Freak" – Catfish on the Line Review
- "Eugene Weekly" – Catfish on the Line Review and Show Preview