The Weary Kind
"The Weary Kind" (full title "The Weary Kind (Theme from Crazy Heart)") is a country song written by Ryan Bingham and T-Bone Burnett for the film Crazy Heart, a 2009 film directed by Scott Cooper starring Jeff Bridges and Maggie Gyllenhaal. Colin Farrell and Bridges perform renditions of the song in the film. Bingham and his Dead Horses serve as Bridges' backing band in the film.
The official version on the soundtrack album Crazy Heart: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack is sung by Ryan Bingham. Jeff Bridges sang a live version during his interview with Peter Travers on ABC News Now. The song was later included as the last track on Bingham's 2010 album Junky Star.
Awards and nominations
- On January 17, 2010, Bingham was awarded the Golden Globe for Best Original Song for "The Weary Kind" at the 2009 Golden Globe Awards.
- On March 7, 2010, the song won the Academy Award for Best Original Song at the 82nd Academy Awards.
- On February 13, 2011, the song won the Grammy Award for Best Song Written for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media.
|US Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles||16||March 18, 2010|
|US Billboard Top Heatseekers Songs||15||March 18, 2010|
- "Academy Awards Acceptance Speech Database: Search Results". The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. 2010-03-07. Retrieved 2010-03-27.
- Sounds Country: Ryan Bingham – "The Weary Kind"
- Junky Star tracklist at Amazon
- Oscar nominations announced
- Trust, Gary (2010-03-18). "Chart Beat Thursday: Rihanna, Ludacris, Timbaland". Chart Beat (Billboard). Retrieved 2010-04-07.
- The Creation of "The Weary Kind" – discussion with Ryan Bingham, T-Bone Burnett, and film's director Scott Cooper (uploaded to YouTube by the film's studio, Fox Searchlight Pictures)
- Ryan Bingham Performs The Weary Kind (uploaded to YouTube by the film's studio, Fox Searchlight Pictures)