The Wendy Williams Show
|The Wendy Williams Show|
|Created by||Wendy Williams|
|Presented by||Wendy Williams|
|Theme music composer||David Vanacore|
|Opening theme||"Shout It Out" (Dance Remix) by Nikki Lowe
"Shout It Out"
|Ending theme||"Shout It Out"|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||859|
|Running time||43 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Talk WW Productions, Inc.
Wendy Williams Productions
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original run||July 14, 2008– present|
The Wendy Williams Show is an American syndicated talk show hosted by Wendy Williams. The show is produced by Debmar-Mercury, and airs nationally, and is re-broadcast on BET. It premiered on July 14, 2008 as a six-week trial in Detroit, Dallas, Los Angeles, and New York City. After the test run, the show was picked up for a full season, and has since been renewed through the 2016–17 television season.
In early 2008, the Fox Broadcasting Company picked up rights to the show and BET picked up the show in early 2009.
The Wendy Williams Show went on the road for a 17 city promotional tour across the United States in 2011 presenting mini versions of her show at local malls.
The show had its debut outside the United States on BET International in July 2010. It is broadcast on weekdays at 9pm in the UK and re-runs are shown several times a day. It is broadcast one day after the usual US broadcast.
Awards and nominations
|2008–09||Most Guiltiest Pleasure||NewNowNext Awards||Won|
|2010–11||Outstanding Achievement in Hairstyling||Daytime Emmy Award||Won|
- "Episodes: The Wendy Williams Show". TV Guide. Retrieved March 1, 2014.
- "'Wendy Williams Show' Picked Up by 70% of U.S. Market : TVBizwire : TVWeek — Television Industry news, TV ratings, analysis, celebrity event photos". TVWeek. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "News | How You Doin’? – Wendy Williams Show Picked Up For 2009 Run". Singersroom. August 19, 2008. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "Debmar-Mercury Renews Fast-Rising "The Wendy Williams Show" Through 2016–17 on FOX Television Stations". The Futon Critic. May 4, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (June 4, 2013). "'The Wendy Williams Show' Renewed Through the 2016–2017 Season". TV by the Numbers.
- Tanklefsky, David (June 4, 2009). "BET Acquires Cable Run Of ‘Wendy Williams Show’". Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved August 12, 2012.
- "After Show: That's a Wrap!". Retrieved August 12, 2012.
- "What Wendy Williams Plans to Do on Her Summer Vacation Boost Viewership". July 18, 2011. Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- "BET Networks Secures International Channels Rights". January 6, 2010. Retrieved August 12, 2012.
- Official website
- The Wendy Williams Show at the Internet Movie Database
- The Wendy Williams Show at TVGuide.com