The Wendy Williams Show
|The Wendy Williams Show|
|Created by||Wendy Williams|
|Presented by||Wendy Williams|
|Theme music composer||David Vanacore|
|Opening theme||"Shout It Out" (Dance Remix) by Nikki Lowe
"Shout It Out"
|Ending theme||"Shout It Out"|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||6|
|No. of episodes||1092 (as of June 4, 2015)|
|Running time||43 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Talk WW Productions, Inc.
Wendy Williams Productions
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||July 14, 2008– present|
The Wendy Williams Show is an Emmy nominated American syndicated talk show hosted by Wendy Williams. The show is produced by Debmar-Mercury, and airs internationally, and is re-broadcast on BET. It premiered on July 14, 2008 as a six-week trial in Detroit, Dallas, Los Angeles, and New York City. After the test run, the show was picked up for a full season, and has since been renewed through the 2016–17 television season.
In early 2008, Fox Television Stations picked up the show for their O&O stations to air after their local morning newscasts, and BET picked up the show in early 2009. Further stations picked up the program for a full nationwide launch for the 2009-10 fall season.
The program goes live with a studio audience Mondays through Thursdays at 10:00 a.m. Eastern/9 a.m. Central and is carried live on some stations in those areas, with other stations carrying it on tape delay, along with those westward. The Friday shows are taped after the Thursday for airing the next day.
The Wendy Williams Show went on the road for a 17-city promotional tour across the United States in 2011 presenting mini versions of the show at local malls.
- "Episodes: The Wendy Williams Show". TV Guide. Retrieved October 31, 2014.
- "'Wendy Williams Show' Picked Up by 70% of U.S. Market : TVBizwire : TVWeek — Television Industry news, TV ratings, analysis, celebrity event photos". TVWeek. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "News | How You Doin’? – Wendy Williams Show Picked Up For 2009 Run". Singersroom. August 19, 2008. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "Debmar-Mercury Renews Fast-Rising "The Wendy Williams Show" Through 2016–17 on FOX Television Stations". The Futon Critic. May 4, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (June 4, 2013). "'The Wendy Williams Show' Renewed Through the 2016–2017 Season". TV by the Numbers.
- Tanklefsky, David (June 4, 2009). "BET Acquires Cable Run Of ‘Wendy Williams Show’". Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved August 12, 2012.
- "What Wendy Williams Plans to Do on Her Summer Vacation Boost Viewership". July 18, 2011. Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- "BET Networks Secures International Channels Rights". January 6, 2010. Retrieved August 12, 2012.
- Official website
- The Wendy Williams Show at the Internet Movie Database
- The Wendy Williams Show at TV Guide