The Wendy Williams Show
|The Wendy Williams Show|
|Created by||Wendy Williams|
|Presented by||Wendy Williams|
|Theme music composer||David Vanacore|
|Opening theme||"Shout It Out" (Dance Remix) by Nikki Lowe
"Shout It Out"
|Ending theme||"Shout It Out"|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||6|
|No. of episodes||1000 (as of January 30, 2015)|
|Running time||43 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Talk WW Productions, Inc.
Wendy Williams Productions
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original run||July 14, 2008– present|
The Wendy Williams Show is an American syndicated talk show hosted by Wendy Williams. The show is produced by Debmar-Mercury, and airs internationally, and is re-broadcast on BET. It premiered on July 14, 2008 as a six-week trial in Detroit, Dallas, Los Angeles, and New York City. After the test run, the show was picked up for a full season, and has since been renewed through the 2016–17 television season.
In early 2008, Fox Television Stations picked up the show for their O&O stations to air after their local morning newscasts, and BET picked up the show in early 2009. Further stations picked up the program for a full nationwide launch for the 2009-10 fall season.
The program goes live with a studio audience Mondays through Thursdays at 10:00 a.m. Eastern/9 a.m. Central and is carried live on some stations in those areas, with other stations carrying it on tape delay, along with those westward. The Friday show pre-tapes after the Thursday show at 1:30 p.m. ET for airing the next day, a common work schedule for most New York-originated talk shows. In many markets the program competes with The View on ABC, the Kathie Lee Gifford/Hoda Kotb-hosted fourth hour of Today on NBC, and starting in September 2014, the syndicated program The Real.
The Wendy Williams Show went on the road for a 17-city promotional tour across the United States in 2011 presenting mini versions of the show at local malls.
- "Episodes: The Wendy Williams Show". TV Guide. Retrieved October 31, 2014.
- "'Wendy Williams Show' Picked Up by 70% of U.S. Market : TVBizwire : TVWeek — Television Industry news, TV ratings, analysis, celebrity event photos". TVWeek. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "News | How You Doin’? – Wendy Williams Show Picked Up For 2009 Run". Singersroom. August 19, 2008. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "Debmar-Mercury Renews Fast-Rising "The Wendy Williams Show" Through 2016–17 on FOX Television Stations". The Futon Critic. May 4, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (June 4, 2013). "'The Wendy Williams Show' Renewed Through the 2016–2017 Season". TV by the Numbers.
- Tanklefsky, David (June 4, 2009). "BET Acquires Cable Run Of ‘Wendy Williams Show’". Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved August 12, 2012.
- "After Show: That's a Wrap!". Retrieved August 12, 2012.
- "What Wendy Williams Plans to Do on Her Summer Vacation Boost Viewership". July 18, 2011. Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- "BET Networks Secures International Channels Rights". January 6, 2010. Retrieved August 12, 2012.
- Official website
- The Wendy Williams Show at the Internet Movie Database
- The Wendy Williams Show at TV Guide