The West Point Story (film)
|The West Point Story|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Roy Del Ruth|
|Produced by||Louis F. Edelman|
|Written by||Irving Wallace
John Monks Jr.
|Music by||Ray Heindorf|
|Editing by||Owen Marks|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
|Release dates||December 22, 1950|
|Running time||107 minutes|
|Box office||$1.8 million (US rentals)|
- James Cagney as Elwin 'Bix' Bixby
- Virginia Mayo as Eve Dillon
- Doris Day as Jan Wilson
- Gordon MacRae as Tom Fletcher
- Gene Nelson as Hal Courtland
- Alan Hale Jr. as Bull Gilbert
- Roland Winters as Harry Eberhart
- Raymond Roe as Bixby's 'wife'
- Wilton Graff as Lieutenant Colonel Martin
- Jerome Cowan as Mr. Jocelyn
The film received two award nominations in 1951. Ray Heindorf was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Music, Scoring of a Musical Picture and John Monks Jr., Charles Hoffman and Irving Wallace were nominated for a Writers Guild of America award for Best Written American Musical.
- 'The Top Box Office Hits of 1951', Variety, January 2, 1952
- Brenner, Paul. "The West Point Story > Overview". Allmovie. Retrieved 2008-06-28.
- "Fresh treatment and new twists to the musical formula make The West Point Story worthwhile entertainment.". Variety. 1950. Retrieved 2008-06-28
- The West Point Story at the Internet Movie Database
- The West Point Story at the TCM Movie Database
- The West Point Story at allmovie
|This article about a musical comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|