The Whispering Vault
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (September 2010)|
|Publisher(s)||Pariah Press, Ronin Publishing|
The Whispering Vault is a horror-themed role-playing game originally published in 1993.
Characters within The Whispering Vault used to be human, but after a life dedicated to protecting humanity against supernatural beings they have been recruited into the ranks of the Stalkers, the main heroes of the game. Now armed with supernatural powers and able to summon ghostly servitors, their mission is to hunt down the Unbidden: rebellious gods who escaped into their dream, the Realm of Flesh, or what humanity calls "Reality".
The Stalkers have other enemies:
- The Shadows are creatures who were denied existence and live in the Rift between the Realms of Flesh and Essence. Sometimes they manage to awaken into the Dream by themselves, sometimes the Unbidden bind them as Minions.
- Mortals may also be dangerous: the use of Magic may endanger the Dream, too.
The Hunts of the Stalkers can happen in any era, and Stalkers may come from any period of History as time flows differently in the Realm of Essence and the Realm of Flesh.
- 'Black Book' booklet by Mike Nystul (1993)
- The Whispering Vault book by Pariah Press (1994)
- The Whispering Vault pdf file by Ronin Arts (2003)
- Gamemaster Screen by Pariah Press (1995)
- Dangerous Prey book by Pariah Press (1995)
- The Book of Hunts book by Green Ronin Publishing (1997)
- Dangerous Prey pdf file by Ronin Arts (2003)
- The Book of Hunts pdf file by Ronin Arts (2003)
- Mortal Magic pdf file by Ronin Arts (2003)
- Smuggler's Run pdf file by Ronin Arts (2003) (previously published in the Adventures Unlimited magazine, in 1995)
- Mastering the Vault pdf file by Ronin Arts (2003)
- The Vault and Time pdf file by Ronin Arts (2003)
- The Books of Shadows pdf file by Ronin Arts (2003)
- The Ixiptla pdf file by Ronin Arts (2003)