The Who 2011 performances
|The Who 2011 Performances|
|Tour by The Who|
|Start date||13 January 2011|
|End date||13 January 2011|
|The Who concert chronology|
The Who performed only once in 2011, playing four songs during a benefit concert for the Killing Cancer charity in London.
On 13 January, the band performed for the first time since their benefit performance the previous March, this time in aid of the Killing Cancer charity. The concert was held at London's Hammersmith Apollo and also featured artists such as Jeff Beck, Debbie Harry, and Bryan Adams. The group's four-song set concluded with the first performance of "Join Together" since 1989, with Beck, Harry, and Adams also joining The Who for the last number. Singer Billy Nicholls and percussionist Jody Linscott, both veterans of the 1989 shows and the Quadrophenia tours were added to the group's usual line-up.
- Roger Daltrey - lead vocals, harmonica, acoustic guitar
- Pete Townshend - lead guitar, acoustic guitar, vocals
- Pino Palladino - bass guitar
- Zak Starkey - drums
- John "Rabbit" Bundrick - keyboards, piano
- Simon Townshend - rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Jody Linscott - percussion
- Billy Nicholls - backing vocals
Killing Cancer Benefit Concert
All songs written by Pete Townshend:
- "Baba O'Riley"
- "Who Are You"
- "Won't Get Fooled Again"
- "Join Together" (with Jeff Beck, Debbie Harry, and Bryan Adams)
|Killing Cancer Benefit Concert|
|13 January 2011||London||England||Hammersmith Apollo|