The Wiggly Big Show
|The Wiggly Big Show|
|Directed by||Chisholm McTavish|
|Produced by||Paul Field|
|Music by||The Wiggles|
|Distributed by||Roadshow Entertainment|
|Release dates||October 1999|
|Running time||60 minutes|
- Officer Beaples' Dance
- Toot Toot, Chugga Chugga, Big Red Car
- Look Both Ways
- Can You Point Your Fingers and Do the Twist?
- Rock-a-Bye Your Bear
- The Monkey Dance
- Silver Bells That Ring in the Night
- We're Dancing with Wags the Dog
- Tap Wags[note 1]
- Our Boat is Rocking on the Sea
- Captain Feathersword Fell Asleep on His Pirate Ship
- Bucket of Dew
- Romp Bomp a Stomp
- Hot Potato
- Do the Wiggle Groove
- Move Your Arms Like Henry[note 2]
- Go Captain Feathersword, Ahoy!
- Wiggly Medley[note 3]
- Wiggly Christmas Medley[note 4]
The video was filmed during the group's concert tour to promote the Toot, Toot! album and companion video. The 1999 video version of "Toot Toot, Chugga Chugga, Big Red Car" was used to frame the video; it was split up so that it starts in Wiggles World, transitions to the beginning of the concert, and returns to the video of the group in Wiggles World for the closing credits.
The video contains scenes from multiple concerts, as The Wiggles and the supporting cast can be seen in different positions from the scene cuts. Not all concert footage was included in the video, specifically, some scenes involving Dorothy were cut, but were later used in the television series.[note 5] The "Wiggly Christmas Medley" has been incorporated into some episodes in the television series and was added to the 1999 version of Wiggly, Wiggly, Christmas
The Wiggles continue to place family and friends in their videos. In one of the skits involving Captain Feathersword speaking at different speeds, fellow studio drummer Tony Henry from The Cockroaches is shown in the audience with his family. The Wiggles acknowledge their sponsor, OzEmail Internet, at the beginning and at the end of their video.
Like Wiggledance!, the video has not been released in other regions or on DVD.
- The instrumental song "Magic Club Music" plays as background music.
- Jeff doesn't participate in this song although he does Henry the Octopus' voiceover.
- The instrumental version of "Let's Have a Party" is played after "Wiggly Medley" as goodbye music.
- The songs "Toot Toot, Chugga Chugga Big Red Car" and "In the Wiggles' World" are played in the end credits.
- * After "Bucket of Dew", Dorothy is introduced backstage, and the video jumps to "Romp Bomp a Stomp" where Dorothy is on stage holding a rose bouquet. In the concert, The Wiggles play "D.O.R.O.T.H.Y. (My Favourite Dinosaur)", during which Dorothy walks in with the bouquet and at the end, Dorothy's done a split just like in Wiggledance!. This "missing song" can be seen in their TV series episode "Imagination". After "Romp Bomp a Stomp", the video jumps to "Hot Potato" but there are bubbles floating around.
- Although the Powerhouse Museum website states the video was released in September 1999 "Powerhouse Museum - The Wiggles Videography". Powerhouse Museum. Retrieved 2012-02-27., the Wiggles website announced the video would be released in October 1999. What's New with the Wiggles at the Wayback Machine (archived October 8, 1999) - "In October this year they will be releasing their eighth music video, 'The Wiggly Big Show Video'."
- The Wiggles Concert Dates at the Wayback Machine (archived December 6, 1998)
- "Interviews". Wigglybigkid.tripod.com. 1999-09-21. Retrieved 2013-12-07.
- "The Wiggly Big Show (AUS VIDEO-1999) Episode Trivia". TV.com. Retrieved 2011-10-19.