The Wigner Medal, is an award designed "to recognize outstanding contributions to the understanding of physics through Group Theory". The Wigner Medal is administered by The Group Theory and Fundamental Physics Foundation, a publicly supported organization. Donations are tax deductible as provided pursuant to the provisions of Section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code, a federal code of the USA.
List of Awardees
- 1978 Eugene Wigner
- 1978 Valentine Bargmann
- 1980 Israel Gel'fand
- 1982 Louis Michel
- 1984 Yuval Ne'eman
- 1986 Feza Gürsey
- 1988 Isadore Singer
- 1990 Francesco Iachello
- 1992 Julius Wess and Bruno Zumino
- 1994 not assigned
- 1996 Victor Kac and Robert Moody
- 1998 Marcos Moshinsky
- 2000 Lochlainn O’Raifeartaigh
- 2002 Harry Jeannot Lipkin
- 2004 Erdal İnönü
- 2006 Susumu Okubo
- 2008 not assigned
- 2010 Michio Jimbo
- 2012 C. Alden Mead
- 2014 Joshua Zak
- "The Wigner Medal Bylaws" (PDF). The Group Theory and Fundamental Physics Foundation. Retrieved 2007-08-07.
- "The Wigner Medal". The Group Theory and Fundamental Physics Foundation. Retrieved 2007-08-07.
- "Professor Emeritus Alden Mead receives Wigner Medal". University of Minnesota Department of Chemistry. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- "The XXIX International Colloquium on Group-Theoretical Methods in Physics". Chern Institute of Mathematics, Nankai University. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- "Wigner Medal awarded to Professor Joshua Zak". Technion – Israel Institute of Technology – Physics Department. Retrieved 2014-03-18.