The Wilderness Downtown
The Wilderness Downtown is an interactive multimedia video coded in HTML5 and was published to show off the capabilities of the new Google Chrome browser. Directed by music video director Chris Milk and involving the work of a number of Google employees led by Aaron Koblin as well as digital production company B-Reel, it features the We Used to Wait song from the Arcade Fire album The Suburbs. It was one of three Grand Prix winners at the 2011 Cannes advertising awards in the Cyber category.
- Michelle Castillo (September 10, 2010). "The Wilderness Downtown's Creator Talks About What Motivated Him, What's Next". Techland.
- "The Conversation: Exploring "The Wilderness Downtown"". ABC News. September 3, 2010.
- "The Arcade Fire's revolutionary 'We Used to Wait' video:Director Chris Milk explains how it was created". Entertainment Weekly. September 8, 2010.
- Aaron Koblin (Monday, August 30, 2010 at 9:45 AM). "Street View and The Wilderness Downtown". Google LatLong blog, Google Earth and Maps Team.
- thewildernessdowntown.com - official site and video
|This World Wide Web-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|