The Winston Churchill School, Woking
|Motto||Service before self|
|DfE URN||125314 Tables|
|Publication||Read it Write|
The Winston Churchill School is a comprehensive, secondary school in Woking, England. The school was established in 1967. It is near Knaphill, Bisley, West End, Brookwood and Pirbright. The school holds Specialist Sports College status.
The Ofsted in 2007 report concluded that the Winston Churchill School was:
- A good school which not only enables students to achieve high academic standards but also to develop into mature, well-rounded young people prepared for the next stage of their education and life.
Although that the school's rate of unauthorised absence is 1.4% compared to 1.1% locally, GCSE results are higher than those achieved locally and nationally.
Teaching occurs during one-hour lessons with P.E. lessons twice a week (more frequent for P.E. GCSE students) with extra sport, P.E. and "enrichment" style activities (in the form of after-school clubs).
Notable alumni and faculty
- Sam Underwood, TV actor (Dexter, Homeland, The Following)
- Peter Davison, TV actor
- Sue Nettle, former mayor of Salisbury
- Philip Gould, Baron Gould of Brookwood, Architect of New Labour
- Winston Churchill sport college details
- Ofsted 2007 report
- "BBC league tables". BBC News. 2005-10-19. Retrieved 2010-11-07.
- Duffell, Beth (18 October 2013). "Homeland role as young Woking actor heads for big time". getSurrey. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- The Independent (December 1998). "Education: Passed/Failed Philip Gould".