The World (Brad Paisley song)
|Single by Brad Paisley|
|from the album Time Well Wasted|
|Released||March 13, 2006|
|Format||CD single, digital download|
Lee Thomas Miller
|Brad Paisley singles chronology|
"The World" is the title of a song co-written and recorded by American country music singer Brad Paisley. It was released in March 2006 as the third single from Paisley's album Time Well Wasted. It reached the top of the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart and also peaked at number 45 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100. Paisley wrote this song with Kelley Lovelace and Lee Thomas Miller.
The song tells about how a normal girl is treated as "just another" in the world and how the narrator considers her "the world."
Kevin John Coyne, reviewing the song for Country Universe, gave it a negative rating. He calls the single a "treacly, condescending love song". He also adds that the song "sounds like something Archie would’ve sung to Edith." 
The music video was directed by Scott Scovill. It features a little girl whose older sister finds one of her CDs in the former's room and yells at her for it. The little girl then opens a little chest that reveals a Brad Paisley concert. She magically appears at the concert, and Brad Paisley gives her his hat. Then when the little girl is in her room again, her older sister comes in to apologize for being mean and permit her to listen to her CDs anytime. The little girl then shows her older sister what's in the magic chest. The concert shows earth balls rolling around on top of the audience, which has been done at some of Brad Paisley's concerts. The video peaked at #1 on CMT's Top 20 Countdown in 2006.
|US Billboard Hot 100||45|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
by Kenny Chesney
|Billboard Hot Country Songs
July 22, 2006-August 5, 2006
"If You're Going Through Hell
(Before the Devil Even Knows)"
by Rodney Atkins
- "Artist Chart History – Brad Paisley". Billboard. Retrieved 2009-03-29.
- Coyne, Kevin John (2006-08-10). "Brad Paisley - "The World"". Country Universe. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- "Brad Paisley Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Brad Paisley. Retrieved February 6, 2011.
- "Brad Paisley Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Brad Paisley. Retrieved February 6, 2011.
- "Best of 2006: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2006. Retrieved July 10, 2012.