The Young Gods
- For the Marvel Comics group, see Young Gods (comics). Young Gods is also the name of an album by the rock band Little Angels. For the movie from Finland see Young Gods (film)
|The Young Gods|
The Young Gods in 2007
|Also known as||TYG|
|Genres||Post-industrial, industrial rock, dark ambient|
|Labels||Wax Trax!, Play It Again Sam, Interscope, Ipecac, Intoxygene, Make Up, Two Gentlemen|
|Past members||Cesare Pizzi
The Young Gods (TYG) are a Swiss post-industrial band from Fribourg. The band's lineup consisted of a trio composed by a vocalist, a keyboardist/sampler operator and a drummer. In 2007, a fourth member joined the band. Their instrumentation often includes sampled electric guitars, drums, keyboards, and other samples. The lyrics are written in English, French and German.
Their name is taken from an early EP by the no wave/noise rock band Swans. Artists influenced by The Young Gods include Pitchshifter, Mike Patton, Sepultura, The Edge (as stated in U2 by U2), Devin Townsend, Ithak, Econoline Crush and David Bowie; asked in 1995 if his album Outside was influenced by Nine Inch Nails, Bowie answered: "The band that I was actually quite taken with was three guys from Switzerland called The Young Gods... I’d been aware of them previous to knowing about Nine Inch Nails."
Roli Mosimann of Swans has worked with the group as a producer. In 2007 they did a Take-Away Show acoustic video session. Notable hits are: "Did You Miss Me?", "Envoyé!", "Longue Route", "Skinflowers", and "Kissing the Sun".
In December 2012, The Young Gods give a small series of concerts to celebrate the 25th anniversary of their first album (1987). The group will play songs from their first two albums ("The Young Gods" and "L'eau rouge"). The line-up will be Franz Treichler (vocals), Bernard Trontin (drums) and Cesare Pizzi (samplers).
- Franz Treichler (aka Franz Muse) - Vocals, the only constant member
- Cesare Pizzi (aka Ludan Dross) - Keyboards, co-founder
- Bernard Trontin - Drums
- Alain Monod (aka Al Comet) - Keyboards
- Vincent Hänni - Guitar, bass guitar, electronics
- Patrice Bagnoud (aka Frank Bagnoud)  - Drums
- Urs "Üse" Hiestand - Drums
- Studio albums
|The Young Gods||1987||Wax Trax!|
|L'Eau Rouge||1989||Play It Again Sam|
|The Young Gods Play Kurt Weill||1991||Play It Again Sam|
|T.V. Sky||1992||Play It Again Sam|
|Only Heaven||1995||Interscope Records|
|Heaven Deconstruction||1996||Play It Again Sam|
|Music for Artificial Clouds||2004||Intoxygene, Make Up|
|Everybody Knows||2010||Two Gentlemen|
- The Young Gods. "Everybody Knows (Biography)". The Young Gods (Official Site). Retrieved 5 August 2011.
- Discogs (1987). "The Young Gods (self-titled album)" (Wax Trax! Records #WAX7135 - LP, Album, CD). Discogs. Retrieved 6 August 2011.
- Lusa and PÚBLICO (January 30, 2014). "Kali, o Pequeno Vampiro exibido enquanto "património cultural internacional" em festival da UNESCO". publico.pt (in Portuguese). Retrieved October 6, 2014.
- Patrice Bagnoud, alias Frank Bagnoud, died after a long illness in June 2005 http://www.younggods.com/cms/front_content.php?client=1&lang=1&idcat=88&idart=138
- Official Website
- The Young Gods page at Ipecac Recordings
- Young Gods interview from Chaos Control Digizine, May 2007