||This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015)
The Young and the Restless is a long-running American television soap opera, created by William J. Bell and Lee Phillip Bell for CBS. It first aired on March 26, 1973. The longest-running current cast member is Doug Davidson, who has portrayed private investigator Paul Williams since May 19, 1978. Jeanne Cooper, who portrayed the soap opera's matriarch Katherine Chancellor, holds the record for the series' longest-running cast member, airing from November 1973 until her death in May 2013. Melody Thomas Scott and Eric Braeden, who portray Nikki and Victor Newman, are the second and third longest-running cast members, having joined in February 1979 and February 1980, respectively. Kate Linder has portrayed Esther Valentine since April 1982, and rounds out the series' top four longest-running cast members. The following list is of cast members who are currently on the show: both main and recurring members, as well as those who are debuting, departing or returning from the series.
Previous cast members
References and notes
- ^ a b The Young and the Restless Weekdays. "The Young and the Restless Cast: Doug Davidson". Cbs.com. Retrieved September 23, 2012.
- ^ The Young and the Restless Weekdays. "The Young and the Restless Cast: Jeanne Cooper". Cbs.com. Retrieved September 23, 2012.
- ^ The Young and the Restless Weekdays (July 20, 2007). "The Young and the Restless Cast: Eric Braeden". Cbs.com. Retrieved September 23, 2012.
- ^ "Show Guide: Cast Bio: Kate Linder". Sony. Retrieved January 6, 2012.
- ^ SOD (May 4, 2015). "FRANK RUNYEON JOINS Y&R". Soap Opera Digest (United States). American Media Inc. Retrieved May 4, 2015.
- ^ a b CBS (May 18, 2015). "Casting Corner: News and Appearances". CBS. CBS Interactive. Retrieved May 22, 2015.
- ^ SOD (April 28, 2015). "NEW Y&R ROLE CAST". Soap Opera Digest (United States). American Media Inc. Retrieved April 28, 2015.