The Body (band)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013)|
|Origin||Providence, Rhode Island, United States|
|Genres||Experimental Metal, Avant-Garde, Sludge Metal, Noise, Drone Metal, Dark Ambient, Choral|
|Labels||At A Loss Recordings
Thrill Jockey Records
The Body are an American avant-garde sludge metal band, who were formed in 1999. Drummer Lee Buford started the band with hometown friend Chip King after one year of school at the Museum School in Boston and moving to Manhattan in a four month stint with the infamous "Blue Man Group." They released their eponymous first full-length in 2004. Six years of touring and small releases passed before they released their second full-length album, All The Waters of the Earth Turn to Blood, in collaboration with the Assembly of Light choir. This album was met with some critical acclaim. They followed this in 2011 with a full length collaboration with noise project Braveyoung, called Nothing Passes.
- Chip King – guitars, vocals
- Lee Buford – drums, programming
- The Body (2004)
- All The Waters of the Earth Turn to Blood (2010)
- Nothing Passes (with Braveyoung) (2011)
- Christs, Redeemers (2013)
- I Shall Die Here (with The Haxan Cloak) (2014)
- Split LP (with Sandworm) (2014)
- The Body Demo (2004)
- Split (with Get Killed) (2004)
- Cop Killer/Dead Cops (2005)
- Even The Saints Knew Their Hour of Failure and Loss (2006)
- 2008 Tour EP (2008)
- Split (with Whitehorse) (2011)
- The Cold, Suffocating Dark Goes On Forever, And We Are Alone (2012)
- Master, We Perish (2013)
- Released from Love (with Thou) (2014)
- Anthology (2011)
- "The Body: All the Waters of the Earth Turn to Blood | Album Reviews". Pitchfork. 2010-08-10. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- "The Body - All The Waters Of The Earth Turn To... (album review )". Sputnikmusic. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- "The Body/Braveyoung - Nothing Passes (album review )". Sputnikmusic. 2012-04-16. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- Reed, Bryan C. "The Body & Braveyoung's Nothing Passes | Record Review". Indy Week. Retrieved 2013-07-23.