From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Theodore or Theodorus may refer to:
|Look up Theodor or Theodore in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
As the name of a person
- Includes the etymology of the name and a longer list of people whose full name includes some version of the name Theodore.
- Includes a longer list of people whose surname includes some version of the name Theodore.
- Saint Theodore refers to a great number of saints. For listing, see Saint Theodore (disambiguation)
- Theodore of Mopsuestia, bishop (c. 350-428)
- Theodorus I of Milan, bishop of Milan (475-490)
- Patriarch Theodore I of Alexandria, Greek Patriarch of Alexandria (607-609)
- Patriarch Theodore II of Alexandria, current Eastern Orthodox Patriarch of Alexandria and all Africa
- Pope Theodore II who reigned for twenty days during December 897
- Pope Theodoros I of Alexandria, 45th Coptic Pope of Alexandria and Patriarch of the See of St. Mark (730-742) (also known as Theodosius II)
- Pope Theodoros II of Alexandria, current Coptic Pope of Alexandria and Patriarch of the See of St. Mark
- Theodore I Calliopas, Exarch of Ravenna (643–c. 645 and 653–before 666)
- Theodore I Laskaris, Emperor of Nicaea (1204–1221 or 1205–1222)
- Theodore II Laskaris, Emperor of Nicaea, 1254–1258
- Tewodros I of Ethiopia, Emperor of Ethiopia (1413–1414), sometimes known as Theodore I
- Tewodros II of Ethiopia, Theodore II, Emperor of Ethiopia (1855–1868)
- Feodor I of Russia, Tsar of Russia (1584–1598)
- Feodor II of Russia, Tsar of Russia (1605-1605)
- Feodor III of Russia, Tsar of all Russia (1676-1682). Also known as Theodore III
- Theodorus of Samos (6th-century BC), inventor and architect
- Theodorus of Cyrene (5th-century BC), mathematician
- Theodorus the Atheist (c. 300 BC), philosopher of the Cyrenaic school
- Theodorus (meridarch) (1st-century BC), governor of the Indo-Greek kingdom
- Theodorus of Asine (4th-century AD), Neoplatonist philosopher
- Theodorus Priscianus (4th-century), physician
- Theodorus (usurper) (4th-century), Roman usurper
- Theodorus Lector (6th-century), Byzantine scholar and historian
- Theodore (brother of Heraclius) (7th century), Byzantine general
- Theodore Trithyrius (7th-century), Byzantine treasurer and military commander
- Theodore Abu-Qurrah (9th century), Christian Arab theologian
- Theodore, Alabama, United States
- Theodore, Australian Capital Territory
- Theodore, Queensland, Australia
- Theodore, Saskatchewan, Canada
- James Bass Mullinger, 19th century author who used Theodore as a pen name
- Theodore, member of the fictional animated music group Alvin and the Chipmunks
- Theodore Racing, Formula One racing team
- Theodore Huxtable, character on the television series The Cosby Show
- Theodore "T-Bag" Bagwell, character on the television series Prison Break
- Principality of Theodoro, principality in the south-west Crimea from the 13th to 15th centuries.
- Theodore Roosevelt (1858 - 1919), 26th President of the United States of America.
- Theodore (horse), a British Thoroughbred racehorse
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.