Theodore Roosevelt IV
|Theodore Roosevelt IV|
Roosevelt at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting of the New Champions in 2012
October 27, 1942 |
|Alma mater||Harvard, A.B. 1965, M.B.A. 1972|
|Occupation||Investment banker, conservationist|
|Spouse(s)||Constance Lane Rogers
|Children||Theodore Roosevelt V|
|Parents||Theodore Roosevelt III
Anne Mason Babcock
Theodore Roosevelt IV (born November 27, 1942) is an investment banker and managing director at Barclays Capital Corporation. he is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, the Economic Club of New York, and the Foreign Policy Association. Roosevelt is also a prominent conservationist. He and his wife Constance Lane Rogers are the parents of businessman Theodore Roosevelt V (born c. 1976).
Roosevelt is a great-grandson of President Theodore Roosevelt
Roosevelt earned his bachelor's degree from Harvard University in 1965.
After college, he was commissioned on as an ensign in the Naval Reserve on June 16, 1965, and he served as a U.S. Navy officer with Underwater Demolition Team 11 (BUD/S Class 36). After completing BUDS he served for two years in Vietnam with the Navy SEALs. He remained in the Naval Reserve after leaving active duty and was promoted to lieutenant commander on April 1, 1974.
He then served in the U.S. State Department as a foreign service officer in Washington, D.C. and the Upper Volta. He later earned an MBA from the Harvard Business School, where he was a member of the HBS Rugby Club.
Roosevelt is Chair of the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions, a Trustee of the Alliance for Climate Protection, a member of the Governing Council of the The Wilderness Society (United States), and a Trustee for the American Museum of Natural History, the World Resources Institute, and The Cultural Institutions Retirement System. He is also a Counselor for the China–U.S. Center for Sustainable Development.
At the Republican Convention in 2000, Roosevelt gave the speech on the environment. He gave the keynote speech at the National Governors Association Annual Meeting in 2001 as well as the keynote address at the Governors Conference on Climate Change in April 2008 sponsored by Yale University. Most recently, he spoke at the Conference of Parties Climate Summit in December 2009 in Copenhagen sponsored by the European Union Parliament. He was an early support of Jon Huntsman, Jr.'s 2012 Presidential bid.
- "Newsweek: Heirs of iconic Republicans drifting away from GOP". Newsweek. 2007-05-06. Retrieved 2008-11-23.
.....takes issue with what he says is George W. Bush's inattention to global warming (and Republican presidential contender John McCain's flirtations with the religious right). He's unhappy with the cost of the global war on terror and the record deficits incurred to finance it.[dead link]
- Smith, Gary R. Death in the Jungle: Diary of a Navy SEAL. Presidio Press, 1994, p. 15.
- Lucas, Fred (2008-09-05). "Teddy Roosevelt IV Predicts McCain Won't Promote 'Extreme' Oil Drilling". Cybercast News Service. Media Research Center. Retrieved 2008-11-23.[dead link]
- "Theodore Roosevelt, IV." Marquis Who's Who TM. Marquis Who's Who, 2008. Reproduced in Biography Resource Center. Farmington Hills, Mich.: Gale, 2008. http://galenet.galegroup.com/servlet/BioRC Document Number: K2017505839. Retrieved 2008-11-23.
- World Resources Institute Biosketch of Theodore Roosevelt IV. Accessed March 27, 2012.
- Roosevelt IV, Theodore (1999-11-09). "The Legacy of Pelican Island". The Green Elephant (Spring, 2000). Republicans for Environmental Protection. Retrieved 2008-11-23.
- Roosevelt IV, Theodore (1996-10-08). "Republicans and the Environment (abbreviated)". The Green Elephant (Summer, 1997). Republicans for Environmental Protection. Retrieved 2008-11-23.