From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up theory in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Theory (mathematics), a self-consistent body of definitions, axioms, theorems, examples, and so on
- Theory (mathematical logic), a set of sentences (theorems) in a formal language
- Scientific theory, a principle or body of principles for explaining observed facts or phenomena, such as cell theory and the theory of gravity
- Philosophical theory, the collective statements underlying a philosophy, school of thought, or belief system
- Theories in computer science, such as computational complexity theory, computability theory, and theory of computation
- Theoria in theological discussions
- Theory (clothing retailer)
- A type of argument in Policy debate and Lincoln-Douglas debate
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.