There Stands the Glass
"There Stands the Glass" is a country song that was written by Russ Hull, Mary Jean Shurtz and Audrey Greisham, and was a hit for Webb Pierce in 1953. It was Pierce's fifth release to hit number one on the country charts. Pierce's recording spent 27 weeks on the country charts, and was at #1 for 12 weeks.
- In 1973, singer Johnny Bush peaked at number 34 on the US country charts and No. 60 on Canadian country charts with his version of the song.
- The song appears on the Carl Smith album, There Stands the Glass, released in 1964.
- Jerry Lee Lewis recorded the song in 1969.
- Loretta Lynn recorded the song in 1981 on her I Lie LP.
- Hoyt Axton covered the song 1982.
- Ted Hawkins covered the song on his 1986 album On the Boardwalk.
- Van Morrison recorded the song in 2006 on his Pay the Devil CD.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 267.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 63.
"I Forgot More Than You'll Ever Know" by The Davis Sisters
|Country & Western National Best Sellers
number one single by Webb Pierce
November 21, 1953
"Slowly" by Webb Pierce
|This 1950s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|