These Days (Rascal Flatts song)
|Single by Rascal Flatts|
|from the album Melt|
|Released||June 24, 2002|
|Length||3:29 (single edit)
4:14 (album version)
|Rascal Flatts singles chronology|
"These Days" is a song written by Jeffrey Steele, Steve Robson, and Danny Wells, and recorded by American country music group Rascal Flatts on their 2002 album Melt. Released in June 2002 as that album's first single, the song became the group's first Number One hit on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks (now Hot Country Songs) charts in November of that year.
This song is about a man who unexpectedly crosses paths with a former lover and they tell each other what has happened since they saw each other last. He tells her that since she has gone from his life, most of his time is spent thinking and dreaming about her.
Gary LeVox said of the song, "We knew this was a special song. We’d already completed the album but we dropped a song that we wrote to put this on our album."
After the completion of recording for Melt, the band learned there was money in the recording budget for several more songs. They then recorded "Love You Out Loud" and "These Days" and being so impressed by the latter they replaced a song they wrote from the album with it.
"These Days" debuted at number 48 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of June 29, 2002.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||23|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||41|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||43|
-  archived page from Rascalflatts.com from 2002
-  archived page from rascalflatts.com from 2002
- "Rascal Flatts Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Rascal Flatts.
- "Rascal Flatts Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Rascal Flatts.
- "Best of 2002: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2002. Retrieved August 13, 2012.
- "Best of 2003: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2003. Retrieved July 13, 2012.
"Somebody Like You"
by Keith Urban
|Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks
November 30-December 14, 2002
"Who's Your Daddy?"
by Toby Keith
|This 2000s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|