From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up thesis in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Thesis (from Greek θέσις, from τίθημι tithemi, I put) can mean:
- Thesis (goddess), a Greek primordial deity
- Thesis (academic document), a formal academic work, also known as a dissertation
- The thesis statement (central argument) of a dissertation, essay, or other argumentative work
- A musical term, part of Arsis and thesis, used to refer to the downbeat or accented part of a measure or declining part of a phrase.
- Thesis (representative body), a German academic organisation
- Thesis (typeface), a font superfamily designed by Lucas de Groot
- Lancia Thesis, an executive car by Lancia
- Tesis, a Spanish film
- TESIS Aviation Enterprise, a cargo airline from Russia
- Thesis (Matthew Shipp album), an album by pianist Matthew Shipp
In mathematics and logic
- A conjecture, especially one too vague to be formally stated or verified but useful as a working convention
- An hypothesis, especially one too vague to be formally stated or verified but useful as a working convention
- A proposition
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Thesis.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.