|Comune di Thiene|
Palazzo Porto Colleoni Thiene (also known as The Castle of Thiene).
|Frazioni||Borgo Lampertico, Rozzampia, Santo|
|• Mayor||Giovanni Casarotto|
|• Total||19.7 km2 (7.6 sq mi)|
|Elevation||147 m (482 ft)|
|Population (31 August 2008)|
|• Density||1,200/km2 (3,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||Saint Cajetan of Thiene|
|Saint day||August 7|
The city has an active and lively industrial sector, composed mainly of small-to-medium sized companies. It also has one the top ranked Italian boardwalks (listed as number 3 of the top 10). Thiene also has a tradition every 24 December to unite its community to sing a song indigenous only to this town.
The |Centro Europeo per i Mestieri del Patrimonio is located at Villa Fabris.
This wealthy community has recently been destination of numerous immigrants, primarily from Morocco, Asia and Eastern Europe.
- Palazzo Porto Colleoni Thiene (called The Castle, and also villa), built in the 15th century according to late Venetian-Gothic style. The main façade is characterized by a central portico with mullioned windows flanked by towers with merlons. The interior has frescoes by Giovanni Antonio Fasolo with Giovanni Battista Zelotti.
- the Gothic Villa Thiene Cornaggia, a palace from the 15th century.
- Villa Beregan Cunico (17th century).
- the Baroque Duomo (Cathedral of Thiene).
- Church of San Vincenzo.
- Oratory of the Natività della Vergine - small gothic jewel of a church.
- "Contact us." Volareweb.com. Retrieved on 8 February 2011. "HEADQUARTER Corso Garibaldi, 186 - 36016 Thiene (VI) - ITALY."
|This article on a location in Veneto is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|