|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|Produced by||Anish Varma|
|Written by||Rafi Mecartin
Alankodu Leelakrishnan (story)
|Music by||Kaithapram Viswanathan Namboothiri
|Edited by||N. P. Sathish|
Thilakkam is a 2003 Malayalam comedy film, directed by Jayaraj. Dileep and Kavya Madhavan plays the lead roles in the movie. Bhavana plays a guest role in this film. The rest of the cast include Nedumudi Venu, K. P. A. C. Lalitha, Nishanth Sagar, Thiagarajan, Jagathy Sreekumar, Cochin Haneefa, Harisree Ashokan, Salim Kumar and Bindhu Panicker.
Padmanabhan master (Nedumudi Venu) and his wife (K. P. A. C. Lalitha) is waiting for Unni, their only son who is missing for many years. 10 year old Unni got lost in the crowd during a temple festival where he was along with his neighbour Panikkar (Oduvil Unnikrishnan), popularly known as Poorappanikkar. Panikkar too did not return since he decided to return only after finding Unni. Ammu (Kavya Madhavan) is Panikkar's daughter who also believes, like master and his wife, that her father will return one day with Unni. The master finds Unni and brings him back to the Village.
The villagers realize that Unni is abnormal and is mentally challenged. He behaves like a small boy and creates all sorts of trouble for the villagers and his parents. His main hobby was "Mundu collection". He will snatch the lungis worn by people in the village after aiming at it with a hand gesture resembling Okay gesture. This leads to a series of comical incidents in the village.
He is given Ayurveda treatment under the guidance of the church priest (Jagathy Sreekumar). Ammu looks after Unni, which her cousin (Nishant Sagar) objects to, as he loves her. Eventually, Ammu starts to love Unni and waits for his recovery to marry him. But finally Unni gets back his memory only to let out the truth that he is not Unni but Vishnu, the son of a Bangalore don (Thiagarajan).
Then the story unfolds Vishnu's earlier life and tragedy. The film ends with Vishnu marrying Ammu and Krishnankutty (Harisree Ashokan), Unni's friend and village tailor, snatching his lungi.
- Dileep... Unni/Vishnu
- Kavya Madhavan ... Ammu
- Thiagarajan ...Maheswaran Thampi (father of Vishnu)
- Bhavana .... Gauri (guest role-Unni's Ladylove)
- Nedumudi Venu ...Padmanabhan Master (Unni's father)
- K. P. A. C. Lalitha ... Devaki (Unni's mother)
- Harisree Ashokan ... Krishnankutty (Unni's friend)
- Jagathy Sreekumar ... Palleelachan
- Oduvil Unnikrishnan ... Poorappanikkar (Ammu's father)
- Salim Kumar ... Omanakkuttan (Brother-in-law of Unni)
- Bindu Panicker ... Vanaja (Unni's Sister/Omanakkuttan's wife)
- Nishanth Sagar ... Gopikkuttan
- Cochin Haneefa ... Gunda Bhaskaran
- Mamukkoya ... Postman
- Machan Varghese ... Kunjavara
- Kalabhavan Shajon
- Kochu Preman ... Velichappadu
- Priyanka[disambiguation needed] ... Panjavarnam
- Hakim Rawther
|This article about a Malayalam film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|