Think Tank (comics)
Cover to Think Tank #1, art by Rahsan Ekedal
|Genre||Science fiction comics|
|Publication date||August 2012|
|Number of issues||12|
The story is about a super intelligent government worker who decides he doesn't agree with the American governments notion of killing people for the greater good, and himself having a part in it by creating their weapons of mass destruction. He tries his best to divide himself from the military's control, but finds they are not willing to grant such an essential technical asset freedom.
Think Tank was solicited in May 2012 as a four issue limited series, but its run was extended to ten issues in August 2012. The first issue was published August 1, 2012. As of July 2013 Hawkins and Ekedal have committed to do twenty issues. If the book continues to sell it will be an ongoing series.
Dr. David Loren is a child prodigy and slacker genius who was recruited to design weapons for DARPA at age 14. Now that he's grown up, David's decided he doesn't want to build weapons anymore and wants to get the hell out. But the sociopathic USAF general who controls his life has… other ideas.
Think Tank's first issue received mostly positive reviews. MultiversityComics.com reviewer Michelle White criticized the characterization of the supporting cast and unrealistic inventions, giving the issue a "browse" rating.
- War's no game in THINK TANK, www.imagecomics.com
- Bradley, Drew, "Artist August: Rahsan Ekedal interview, www.multiversitycomics.com, 15 August 2012
- Review - Think Tank, bleedingcool.com, 4 August 2012
- Think Tank 1 review, www.ign.com 2 August 2012
- Review: Think Tank #1, www.comicbookresources.com, 2 August 2012
- White, Michelle, "Review: Think Tank #1", www.multiversitycomics.com, 3 August 2012