Think and Grow Rich
|Think and Grow Rich|
|Publisher||The Ralston Society|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover, Paperback)|
Think and Grow Rich is a 1937 motivational personal development and self-help book by Napoleon Hill  and inspired by a suggestion from Scottish-American businessman Andrew Carnegie. While the title implies that this book deals with how to get rich, the author explains that the philosophy taught in the book can be used to help people succeed in all lines of work and to do or be almost anything they want. Jim Murray (sportswriter) wrote that Think and Grow Rich was credited for Ken Norton's boxing upset of Muhammad Ali in 1973. The Reverend Charles Stanley writes, "I began to apply the principles of (Think and Grow Rich) to my endeavors as a pastor, and I discovered they worked!"  The book was first published during the Great Depression. At the time of Hill's death in 1970, Think and Grow Rich had sold more than 20 million copies and by 2011 over 70 million copies had been sold worldwide. It remains the biggest seller of Napoleon Hill's books. BusinessWeek Magazine's Best-Seller List ranked it the sixth best-selling paperback business book 70 years after it was published. Think and Grow Rich is listed in John C. Maxwell's A Lifetime "Must Read" Books List. 
The text of Think and Grow Rich is founded on Hill's earlier work The Law of Success, the result of more than twenty years of research based on Hill's close association with a large number of individuals who achieved great wealth during their lifetimes.
At Andrew Carnegie's bidding, Hill studied the characteristics of these achievers and developed 16 "laws" of success meant to be applied by people to achieve success. Think and Grow Rich condenses these laws further and provides the reader with 13 principles in the form of a philosophy of personal achievement. International Speaker Mark Victor Hansen says time has proven 2 of the laws/principles to be most important: 1) The MasterMind principle/process and 2) "Know very clearly where you want to go."
It is noted in the book that an individual with desire, faith and persistence can reach great heights by eliminating negative energy and thoughts and focusing on the greater goals in hand.
The 13 "steps" listed in the book are: 1. Desire 2. Faith 3. Autosuggestion 4. Specialized Knowledge 5. Imagination 6. Organized Planning 7. Decision 8. Persistence 9. Power of the Master Mind 10. The Mystery of Sex Transmutation 11. The Subconscious Mind 12. The Brain 13. The Sixth Sense
- Hill, Napoleon (1953). Think and Grow Rich. Cleveland, Ohio: The Ralston Publishing Co. p. 381.
- Hill, Napoleon (1960). Think and Grow Rich. Greenwich, Conn.: Fawcett Crest. ISBN 0-449-21492-3.
- Hill, Napoleon (2004). Think and Grow Rich : The 21st-Century Edition, Revised and Updated. High Roads Media. ISBN 1-932429-23-9.
- Hill, Napoleon; Cornwell, Ross (2004). Think and Grow Rich!: The Original Version, Restored and Revised. San Diego, CA: Aventine Press. ISBN 1-59330-200-2.
The first edition of Think and Grow Rich was released in March 1937. Despite limited promotion, mostly word of mouth, the original print run of 5,000 sold out in six weeks, at $2.50 a copy. Another 10,000 copies were printed, all of which also sold in six weeks. The third print totaled 20,000. W. Clement Stone wrote: "One of the most important days in my life was the day I began to read Think and Grow Rich in 1937.
1960 Fawcett Crest Edition
Think and Grow Rich was revised in 1960. This version was originally published by Crest Book, Fawcett Publications. This revised edition includes the following testimonial from W. Clement Stone on the inside front cover page: “More men and women have been motivated to achieve success because of reading Think and Grow Rich than by any other book written by a living author.”  In 1987, Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback Fran Tarkenton hosted a TV infomercial that sold the 1960 version with an audio cassette version of the book (the audio cassettes contained an introduction and conclusion by Tarkenton and supplemental study guides). In the introduction noted above, Tarkenton stated that he believed Think and Grow Rich to be "the greatest most honored formula for success that has ever been developed."
The 21st-Century Edition
In 2004 a revised text was published in a version titled Think and Grow Rich: The 21st-Century Edition: Revised and Updated. It was published by High Roads Media. In this version, author and editor Bill Hartley introduces modern examples of Hill's principles combined with editorial commentary throughout the book.
Indian Low Price Edition - Published In 2007 with title ' Think And Grow Rich Napoleon Hill '
Among recent adaptations of the book are several illustrated versions. The most well known was a graphic novel produced by Smarter Comics. This version sticks to the original content but adds the element of visual presentation and modern exemplars of similar events discussed in original versions.
- Success Through A Positive Mental Attitude, by Napoleon Hill and W. Clement Stone. ISBN 1-4165-4159-4
- Earl Nightingale Reads Think and Grow Rich [The essence of Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich], by Earl Nightingale. ISBN 1-4558-1011-8
- Briley, Richard Gaylord, 1995, The Seven Spiritual Secrets Of Success, p. 151, Thomas Nelson Publishers, ISBN 0-7852-8083-9
- Hill, Napoleon, 1960, Think and Grow Rich. [Revised Edition, p. 19], Fawcett Books, New York, ISBN 0-449-21492-3
- The Jim Murray Column, The Los Angeles Times, August 7, 1973
- Associated Press, July 28, 1973, Norton Has Philosophy of Success
- Stanley, Charles, 2009, How to Reach Your Full Potential for God, p.224, Thomas Nelson Publishers, ISBN 978-1-4002-0092-4
- A Lifetime of Riches: The Biography of Napoleon Hill, Michael J. Ritt and Kirk Landers (Revised Edition 1995) (ISBN 0-525-94146-0)
- Forbes on Think and Grow Rich: "It has sold more than 70 million copies since its publication in 1937 and continues to sell robustly today." (March 2011)
- AP, November 10, 1970, 'Grow Rich' Author Dies
- The BusinessWeek Best-Seller List, BusinessWeek magazine, January 15, 2007
- Maxwell, John A Lifetime "Must Read" Books List, March 2008
- Copyright MCMXXXVII by Napoleon Hill, All Rights Reserved and Transferred, March, MCMXLI, to Ralston Publishing Co.
- Don Green (2008). The Next Chapter in Personal Development (digital video). The Napoleon Hill Foundation, The Millionaire Mentor Corp.
- Hill, Napoleon, 1990, The Think and Grow Rich Action Pack, Plume, ISBN 0-452-26660-2
- Hill, Napoleon, 1960, Think and Grow Rich. [inside front cover page], Fawcett Books, New York, ISBN 0-449-21492-3
- Partners in Time: Guthy-Renker, Charles Wesley Orton, Response Magazine, May 2001
- Think and Grow Rich audio cassettes 1A, 8B [introduction and conclusion by Fran Tarkenton], 1988, Napoleon Hill Foundation, Guthy-Renker Corporation
- ISBN 9788183071833
- "'Think and Grow Rich' from SmarterComics - New Kindle Publication". Prweb.com. Retrieved 2013-01-10.
Audio Book on CD:
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill