|Headquarters||Burbank, California, USA|
|Key people||Joe Zenas, Partner, chief executive officer;
Craig Hanna, Co-Founder and Partner, Chief Creative Officer;
Francois Bergeron, Co-Founder and Partner, chief operating officer
|Employees||Approx. 150 (2013)|
Thinkwell Group is an experience design and production firm that was founded in 2001 and is headquartered in Burbank, California. Since 2006, Thinkwell has gone from approximately 35 employees to more than 150, though the exact number fluctuates depending on the company's workload. Thinkwell was named "Most Honored Theme Park Design Company" at the 2013 Theme Park and Attractions Summit & Awards in Beijing.
Some of Thinkwell's noteworthy projects include Warner Bros. Studio Tour London: The Making of Harry Potter, a behind-the-scenes tour of the sets where all eight Harry Potter films were made at Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden; Ski Dubai, an indoor ski resort in the Mall of the Emirates; NatureQuest, an immersive children's exhibit at Atlanta's Fernbank Museum of Natural History; the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Grand Opening Event for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Parks and Resorts' Islands of Adventure theme park in Orlando, Florida; and Jurassic Park Institute Tour, a 50,000-square-foot traveling educational attraction based on the movie Jurassic Park.
In recent years, Thinkwell has been selected to design and produce various theme parks in China, which is experiencing a significant growth period in the theme park industry. Thinkwell's current projects in China include Monkey Kingdom (Beijing), based on the 16th century Journey to the West Chinese folk tale, and Jurassic Dream, an indoor theme park in the Heilongjiang Province of China. Both are currently in development.
Lionsgate has partnered with Thinkwell Group to create a Hunger Games traveling exhibition set to begin touring U.S. cities in the summer of 2015, ahead of the worldwide release of the fourth film in the series, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2. During a teleconference call, Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer said, "Thinkwell … is spearheading an initiative for line extensions of The Hunger Games and all of our other brands."
- "How do you create the unforgettable? Being able to direct an army of experts sure helps". Entrepreneur. 1 October 2007.
- "Playing With New Themes". Los Angeles Times. 12 April 2006.
- "An Interview with the Industry's Shapeshifters". Entertainment Designer. 29 April 2013.
- "Thinkwell named "Most Honored Theme Park Design Company" at Beijing Summit". ThemeParkPost. Retrieved 7 November 2013.
- "Thinkwell Clients". Thinkwell Group. Retrieved 5 August 2013.
- MacDonald, Brady (21 March 2012). "'Harry Potter' movie studio tour opens outside London". Los Angeles Times.
- "Universal Orlando's celebrity opening ceremony for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter". Theme Park Insider. 16 June 2010.
- "Designing theme park rides: An $8M business". Fortune. 18 May 2007.
- MacLeod, Calum (4 July 2012). "Disney inspires boom in China amusement parks". USA Today.
- MacDonald, Brady (7 July 2011). "Monkey Kingdom theme park set to open in China in 2014". Los Angeles Times.
- Pierson, David (19 June 2011). "Theme park designers draw steady work in Asia". Los Angeles Times.
- Ungerleider, Neal (12 July 2012). "Flames of Fury, Animatronic Raptors, and a Brachiosaurus Half-Pipe: Inside China's Massive Jurassic Dream Theme Park". Fast Company.
- Vlessing, Etan (2014-05-30). "Lionsgate Moving Ahead on 'Hunger Games' Theme Park Plans". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 22 August 2014.