Third Indira Gandhi ministry
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Third Indira Gandhi Ministry)
|Third Indira Gandhi Ministry|
|9th Cabinet of the Republic of India
|Date formed||14 January 1980|
|Date dissolved||31 October 1984|
|People and organizations|
|Head of government||Indira Gandhi|
|Head of state||Neelam Sanjiva Reddy (until 25 July 1982)
Zail Singh (from 25 July 1982)
|Member party||Indian National Congress
|Status in legislature||Majority|
|Opposition party||Bharatiya Jana Sangh|
|Opposition leader||Vacant (in Lok Sabha)
Lal Krishna Advani (in Rajya Sabha)
(21 January 1980 – 7 April 1980)
|Legislature term(s)||4 years, 9 months and 17 days|
|Previous||Charan Singh ministry|
|Successor||Rajiv Gandhi ministry|
Three of Gandhi's cabinet ministers namely Pranab Mukherjee, R. Venkataraman and Zail Singh later served as Presidents of India
|Portfolio||Minister||Took office||Left office||Party||Ref|
|Prime Minister||Indira Gandhi||14 January 1980||31 October 1984||INC(I)|||
|Minister of Finance||R. Venkataraman||14 January 1980||15 January 1982||INC(I)|||
|Pranab Mukherjee||15 January 1982||31 October 1984||INC(I)|||
|Minister of Home Affairs||Zail Singh||14 January 1980||22 June 1982||INC(I)|||
|R. Venkataraman||22 June 1982||2 September 1982||INC(I)|||
|Prakash Chandra Sethi||2 September 1982||19 July 1984||INC(I)|
|P. V. Narasimha Rao||19 July 1984||Rajiv Gandhi Ministry||INC(I)|||
|Minister of External Affairs||P. V. Narasimha Rao||14 January 1980||14 July 1984||INC(I)|||
|Indira Gandhi||14 July 1984||31 October 1984||INC(I)|
|Minister of Defence||Indira Gandhi||14 January 1980||1982||INC(I)|
|Shankarrao Chavan||1984||Rajiv Gandhi Ministry||INC(I)|
|Minister of Railways||Kamalapati Tripathi||14 January 1980||12 November 1980||INC(I)|||
|Kedar Pandey||12 November 1980||14 January 1982||INC(I)|||
|Prakash Chandra Sethi||15 January 1982||2 September 1982||INC(I)|||
|A. B. A. Ghani Khan Choudhury||2 September 1982||Rajiv Gandhi Ministry||INC(I)|||
|Minister of Agriculture||Rao Birendra Singh||14 January 1980||31 October 1984||INC(I)|||
|Minister of Parliamentary Affairs||Bhishma Narain Singh||14 January 1980||29 January 1983||INC(I)|||
|Buta Singh||29 January 1983||Rajiv Gandhi Ministry||INC(I)|||
Ministers of State
- Shivraj Patil, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Science and Technology, Ministry of Atomic Energy, Ministry of Electronics, Ministry of Space and Ocean Development.
- Shivraj Patil, Ministry of Commerce (Independent Charge).
- Saroj Khaparde, Ministry of Family Welfare (1980-82)
- S.K. Kamla Kumari, Ministry of Agriculture (1980-83)
- Ram Dulari Sinha, Ministry of Commerce (1980-82), Ministry of Industry, Steel and Mines (1982-84)
- Tanguturi Anjaiah, Ministry of Labour (8 June 1980 - 10 October 1980)
- "Indira Gandhi claims victory". Anchorage Daily News. 8 January 1980.
- Top Policy Makers in India: Cabinet Ministers and Their Civil Service Advisors. p. 37.
- "Shri Ramaswami Venkataraman - R.Venkataraman - Past President of India". Pastpresidentsofindia.indiapress.org. Retrieved 2012-09-13.
- "Zail Singh, 78, First Sikh To Hold India's Presidency". The New York Times. 1994-12-26. Retrieved 2011-26-10.
- A Profile of P.V. Narasimha Rao. Embassy of India in Washington. Retrieved 2 March 2007.
- "Railway Ministers of Independent India". Indian Railways Fan Club (IRFCA). Retrieved January 29, 2014.
- "9th Lok Sabha, Members Bioprofile". loksabha.nic.in. National Informatics Centre. Retrieved May 19, 2014.
- http://legislativebodiesinindia.nic.in/LS/ataglace.htm LOK SABHA
- Shri Shivraj Vishwanath Patil. interstatecouncil.nic.in
- "Worldwide Guide to Women in Leadership - Republic of India". Retrieved March 6, 2014.
- "8th Lok Sabha, Members Bioprofile". www.loksabha.nic.in. National Informatics Centre. Retrieved May 18, 2014.